Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Sport Socks with arch support at Walmart

Posted by Lori on 8/08/99 at 11:03 (009570)

This past week, while on vacation, I was browsing the sock dept. in Walmart. They had athletic socks with arch support! I bought a set of 3 and wore one overnight. Wow! What a difference! I will be wearing them with my Reeboks from now on!
Lori in AZ

Re: Sport Socks with arch support at Walmart

Wanda on 8/08/99 at 20:59 (009579)

Can you tell me the name of the socks you are talking about

Lori on 8/09/99 at 22:05 (009604)

Sorry, don't remember the brand but there are several 'arch support' socks at Walmart. They have an interesting look to them...they have an hour glass shape and taper at the arch then out again.
Lori in aZ

Donna on 8/10/99 at 17:41 (009615)

Hi Wanda,

I purchased socks at Walmart with arch support. Look for Fruit of the Loom Sport Gear. JC Penney also has them. A little more expensive, but they do feel good. I only purchased the Walmart ones today, so I cannot tell you anything about them. Hope I helped you.

Ivy on 8/12/99 at 13:46 (009671)

I went to one of our local Walmarts, and when I described the socks you mention, they looked at me like I had lobsters coming out of my ears, then tried to sell me odor eater socks. (Not the same malady, kiddo, but... )

Anyway, could you, would you post the brand name and perhaps the style name of the socks? It sounds like they may be very helpful indeed, and I would like to try them out.

Thanks!

Martha B. on 8/12/99 at 15:18 (009675)

Ivy,I'm sitting here with the socks I purchased from Wal-mart today.They are Fruit of the Loom SPORT GEAR with arch support.I fopund them in the ladies section with all the rest of the socks.They had all kinds>(crew.anklets etc.) Happy Shopping!!!!!!!

Michelle on 8/12/99 at 19:51 (009678)

I went to Wal-Mart and purchased a pack of the socks. I have orthotics and I think that wearing both at the same time are making my arches hurt even more.

Nancy T. on 8/14/99 at 15:43 (009752)

Hi Lori: Wanted to thank you for the tip. I went into Wal-Mart yesterday,. and limped through the sock department until I saw them. I wore a pair to bed last night, and I definitely saw an improvement in the morning. They seem to kind of hold everything together while you are sleeping. Morning pain did not seem quite so bad.

Ivy on 8/19/99 at 14:10 (009916)

I'm on my way to Wally World -- thanks! :)

Ivy

Margot on 8/20/99 at 00:51 (009955)

I think we all ran out to Walmart.......isn't it pathetic, we'll try anything!!!!!......well; I found them right away in the ladie's sock department and there are quite a few brands, including Walmart brand and I couldn't wait to wear these last night.....I wore them both, even thought I only have trouble with my right foot........this morning when I woke up I stretched the footsie(you all know what I'm talking about)and it wasn't nearly as hurtful to get up and walk to the bathroom........My husband couldn't believe that I was soo excited over this........thanks a bunch!!!!!!!

Wanda on 8/08/99 at 20:59 (009579)

Can you tell me the name of the socks you are talking about

Lori on 8/09/99 at 22:05 (009604)

Sorry, don't remember the brand but there are several 'arch support' socks at Walmart. They have an interesting look to them...they have an hour glass shape and taper at the arch then out again.
Lori in aZ

Donna on 8/10/99 at 17:41 (009615)

Hi Wanda,

I purchased socks at Walmart with arch support. Look for Fruit of the Loom Sport Gear. JC Penney also has them. A little more expensive, but they do feel good. I only purchased the Walmart ones today, so I cannot tell you anything about them. Hope I helped you.

Ivy on 8/12/99 at 13:46 (009671)

I went to one of our local Walmarts, and when I described the socks you mention, they looked at me like I had lobsters coming out of my ears, then tried to sell me odor eater socks. (Not the same malady, kiddo, but... )

Anyway, could you, would you post the brand name and perhaps the style name of the socks? It sounds like they may be very helpful indeed, and I would like to try them out.

Thanks!

Martha B. on 8/12/99 at 15:18 (009675)

Ivy,I'm sitting here with the socks I purchased from Wal-mart today.They are Fruit of the Loom SPORT GEAR with arch support.I fopund them in the ladies section with all the rest of the socks.They had all kinds>(crew.anklets etc.) Happy Shopping!!!!!!!

Michelle on 8/12/99 at 19:51 (009678)

I went to Wal-Mart and purchased a pack of the socks. I have orthotics and I think that wearing both at the same time are making my arches hurt even more.

Nancy T. on 8/14/99 at 15:43 (009752)

Hi Lori: Wanted to thank you for the tip. I went into Wal-Mart yesterday,. and limped through the sock department until I saw them. I wore a pair to bed last night, and I definitely saw an improvement in the morning. They seem to kind of hold everything together while you are sleeping. Morning pain did not seem quite so bad.

Ivy on 8/19/99 at 14:10 (009916)

I'm on my way to Wally World -- thanks! :)

Ivy

Margot on 8/20/99 at 00:51 (009955)

I think we all ran out to Walmart.......isn't it pathetic, we'll try anything!!!!!......well; I found them right away in the ladie's sock department and there are quite a few brands, including Walmart brand and I couldn't wait to wear these last night.....I wore them both, even thought I only have trouble with my right foot........this morning when I woke up I stretched the footsie(you all know what I'm talking about)and it wasn't nearly as hurtful to get up and walk to the bathroom........My husband couldn't believe that I was soo excited over this........thanks a bunch!!!!!!!