Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

The treatment worked and I'm a happy doctor.

Posted by Gary Kiefer, ND on 8/09/99 at 12:35 (009594)

At the request of my patient I'm going to try to explain what I did, and why I think it was successful treatment.

First of all I'm not an expert in Plantar Facitis, in fact I'm not a podiatrist or a medical doctor. I do a general practice in Alternative Medicine, taking one patient at a time. The most interesting thing is that I did not treat plantar Facitis, I treated the patient. I followed the same procedures with MS, lupus, allergic and many other patients and got the same beneficial results.
When patients fail to respond to conventional treatment, and continue doctor after conventional doctor, its time to try something new. My patient said he went through about twenty.

After taking a history and brief exam I asked my patient to take a stool test for parasites, yeast, and bacteria. The results were positive, and the patient was given treatment (natural of course) and he is now reporting that he is walking almost normally now, just after a month or so of treatment.

So why did it work? I suspect that the problem was not just that the body was infested with yeast and other unwelcome guests, but that the immune system was activated and began to direct its damage on the tissue of his feet. To some it may seem far-fetched, but unless someone else has a better explanation as to why it worked I'll feel comfortable with my hypothesis. Actually this same mechanism accounts for much disease. I treat many patients with various complaints using similiar techniques. You can visit my crude web site at http://web3.foxinternet.net/drgary

Re: The treatment worked and I'm a happy doctor.

janet on 8/09/99 at 20:48 (009601)

I'm intrigued. How did you treat this patient? Herbs? Homeopathy?

Jenn on 8/10/99 at 10:36 (009611)

I have suffered with PF for 3 years. I am in debilitating pain. I have been to 5 doctors and had every treatment and would really like to know what it is you have done. I looked at your web page and did not see anything that related to PF. Could you please elaborate. it gets frustrating when you hear of a new treatment, get excited, spend a ton of money only to be let down yet again. So please could you be specific in what you did. Thanks

Gary Kiefer, ND on 8/13/99 at 13:01 (009713)

Treatment actually depends on the diagnosis. I usually treat with proper diet, nutritional supplements, herbs, homeopathy and physical medicine.
What is important is finding the correct diagnosis, that is what is CAUSING the problem.

Jenn on 8/13/99 at 13:42 (009716)

Please count me in.

janet on 8/09/99 at 20:48 (009601)

I'm intrigued. How did you treat this patient? Herbs? Homeopathy?

Jenn on 8/10/99 at 10:36 (009611)

I have suffered with PF for 3 years. I am in debilitating pain. I have been to 5 doctors and had every treatment and would really like to know what it is you have done. I looked at your web page and did not see anything that related to PF. Could you please elaborate. it gets frustrating when you hear of a new treatment, get excited, spend a ton of money only to be let down yet again. So please could you be specific in what you did. Thanks

Gary Kiefer, ND on 8/13/99 at 13:01 (009713)

Treatment actually depends on the diagnosis. I usually treat with proper diet, nutritional supplements, herbs, homeopathy and physical medicine.
What is important is finding the correct diagnosis, that is what is CAUSING the problem.

Jenn on 8/13/99 at 13:42 (009716)

Please count me in.