Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

New Balance shoes

Posted by Donna on 8/11/99 at 06:11 (009630)

Hi Judy,

The shoes which I bought at Locker Room is New Balance Style #WW571WT
Insoles Spenco replacement insoles full length. On front of box reads Cross Trainer cushions impact, returns energy, with special forefoot and heel strike cushioning. Shoes cost $59.99 Insoles $19.98
The manager at Foot Locker removed the original insoles from the shoes and inserted the Spenco. Insoles have a 1 year money back unconditional guarantee. I am happy with both products.

If you go to http://www.newbalance.com you can view all shoes styles, there are many. A lot of information there, about shoe design. Also you can enter your city and find a store nearest you. They even give the price. The price I paid for my shoes was the same as posted on the Internet.

Let me know how you are doing, I am interested to see if what helped me will in turn help others.

Re: New Balance shoes ERROR

Donna on 8/11/99 at 06:15 (009631)

I made a mistake with the New Balance shoe information. I purchased them at Foot Locker not Locker Room. Sorry for any inconvenience.

The other message to Judy without any information resulted when I pressed enter instead of tab to move down. Sorry again. I will get onto this modern technology, just be patient

Re: New Balance shoes

Judy on 8/11/99 at 20:49 (009648)

Thanks for the information Donna. I will go to the Foot Locker tomorrow and let you know how I make out.

Iris on 8/12/99 at 09:22 (009659)

Sorry to disappoint some people but I tried the 571 and could not walk four steps without heel pain. I have been told to look for the sneakers that have a high heel - running type and then tried walking 10 steps in them. I have tried on at least 14 types before I found one that I think will work for me. Keep trying until you find the one that is best for your specific feet.

Judy on 8/12/99 at 20:40 (009680)

Could you please tell me what kind (model #) New Balance sneaker that you finally ended up with? I have bought cross-trainers (606). They are 'ok' but not great. I have been looking at walking sneakers. Now you mention the running kind. It is all so confusing. Thanks for any information.

Nancy M on 8/12/99 at 21:28 (009682)

I have New Balance 990 running shoes and love them. I got them at Just for Feet and when I told the sales person all the foot problems I had he went and got the manager. It was great talking to a person who understood. Don't know if he has feet problems or was just very educated on foot problems. He suggested the above running shoe instead of a walking shoe. I remember one thing he told me is that a running shoe is lighter than a walking shoe.

I've had surgery 4 times on my feet. EPF surgery in each foot and neuroma surgery in each foot. The last neuroma surgery 3 weeks ago today I had both feet done. I'm happy to say I am 100% pain free in both heels from the EPF surgery, pain free from the 1st neuroma surgery, and so far doing good with the latest surgery considering it's only been three weeks.

Nancy in AZ

Chris on 8/12/99 at 21:43 (009683)

I have NB 586 running shoe. I feel the removable foot bed is very flimsy. However without the footbed it is even worse. I have custom orthotics 3/4 length. They do not tamper towards the ball of the foot and are very uncomfortable. I was told to slop some spenco inserts on top of the orthotic. The whole system is very uncomfortable.

Nancy M on 8/12/99 at 22:37 (009686)

Chris, I have the New Balance 990 running shoe. I also have 3/4 length orthodics. I put my orthodics under the removable foot bed that is in the shoe and have no problem. With other shoes I put my orthodics in and then put a pair of cusioned insoles (Dr. Scholl's or a store brand) over them.

Nancy T. on 8/15/99 at 14:53 (009779)

Hi Donna: Just wondering if you wear orthics with the Spenco full length innersole?

Re: New Balance shoes ERROR

Donna on 8/11/99 at 06:15 (009631)

I made a mistake with the New Balance shoe information. I purchased them at Foot Locker not Locker Room. Sorry for any inconvenience.

The other message to Judy without any information resulted when I pressed enter instead of tab to move down. Sorry again. I will get onto this modern technology, just be patient

Judy on 8/11/99 at 20:49 (009648)

Thanks for the information Donna. I will go to the Foot Locker tomorrow and let you know how I make out.

Iris on 8/12/99 at 09:22 (009659)

Sorry to disappoint some people but I tried the 571 and could not walk four steps without heel pain. I have been told to look for the sneakers that have a high heel - running type and then tried walking 10 steps in them. I have tried on at least 14 types before I found one that I think will work for me. Keep trying until you find the one that is best for your specific feet.

Judy on 8/12/99 at 20:40 (009680)

Could you please tell me what kind (model #) New Balance sneaker that you finally ended up with? I have bought cross-trainers (606). They are 'ok' but not great. I have been looking at walking sneakers. Now you mention the running kind. It is all so confusing. Thanks for any information.

Nancy M on 8/12/99 at 21:28 (009682)

I have New Balance 990 running shoes and love them. I got them at Just for Feet and when I told the sales person all the foot problems I had he went and got the manager. It was great talking to a person who understood. Don't know if he has feet problems or was just very educated on foot problems. He suggested the above running shoe instead of a walking shoe. I remember one thing he told me is that a running shoe is lighter than a walking shoe.

I've had surgery 4 times on my feet. EPF surgery in each foot and neuroma surgery in each foot. The last neuroma surgery 3 weeks ago today I had both feet done. I'm happy to say I am 100% pain free in both heels from the EPF surgery, pain free from the 1st neuroma surgery, and so far doing good with the latest surgery considering it's only been three weeks.

Nancy in AZ

Chris on 8/12/99 at 21:43 (009683)

I have NB 586 running shoe. I feel the removable foot bed is very flimsy. However without the footbed it is even worse. I have custom orthotics 3/4 length. They do not tamper towards the ball of the foot and are very uncomfortable. I was told to slop some spenco inserts on top of the orthotic. The whole system is very uncomfortable.

Nancy M on 8/12/99 at 22:37 (009686)

Chris, I have the New Balance 990 running shoe. I also have 3/4 length orthodics. I put my orthodics under the removable foot bed that is in the shoe and have no problem. With other shoes I put my orthodics in and then put a pair of cusioned insoles (Dr. Scholl's or a store brand) over them.

Nancy T. on 8/15/99 at 14:53 (009779)

Hi Donna: Just wondering if you wear orthics with the Spenco full length innersole?