Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: Treating the Cause

Posted by Gary Kiefer, ND on 8/11/99 at 13:34 (009636)

I'll try to provide more details.
First please try to understand that the dominant medical system has proceedures which they are obligated to use, and a diagnostic system that has limitations. I don't believe medical doctors are trained in many aspects of healing which might explain why you havn't been getting the results you wanted. I'm leary of the 'experts'. A general approach seems to be more effective than not.
Treating the cause of the problem most important. Simply making a diagnosis of PF, rhumatoid arthritis, gastritis or whatever the symptoms are is simply not enough. What is causing the PF? Unless someone has evidence and a proposed mechanism I don't believe they can help you except by accident.
My theory is that PF is an immune problem, and that the immune system is attacking the tissue, causing inflammation. The cause usually is in the digestive system. Thats why I test my patients before I make recommendations.
I would like to do a research study on people with PF, to see if we can get consistant results. Is anyone interested?

Karen on 8/12/99 at 08:02 (009655)

I have pf, achilles tendinitis, have had carpal tunnel release and a torn rotator. count me in!!
karen

Iris on 8/12/99 at 09:35 (009660)

I would be interested in trying your recommendations and reporting the results.

Ivy on 8/12/99 at 13:43 (009670)

Oh! Me! Me, too! I wanna do it too.

Please. :)

Ivy

John on 8/13/99 at 09:56 (009701)

your theory sounds very plausable. i would like to participate.

Jan on 8/13/99 at 11:00 (009710)

I would be interested, but would like to know more about what is involved in this study. I had PF with a heel spur for a year before physical therapy and orthotics helped to relieve it. Then I developed a pinched nerve on the top of my foot and after 4 cortisone shots, have relief from that. But the bottom of my feet hurt all the time even though I wear the orthotics all the time.
Thanks for the info.

Laura on 8/13/99 at 21:15 (009726)

I'd be interested in hearing more. Please put me on your list!

Jane on 8/16/99 at 10:31 (009796)

I am also interested. I have often thought this could possibly be an immune disorder. They run in my family, so that is why I questioned this. My father had Rhumatoid Arthritis.

Nancy T. on 8/16/99 at 21:47 (009815)

Jane: I also have been wondering if this is an immune disorder. My mother also had rheumatoid arthritis. In fact, I clearly remember her having trouble with burning feeling on the soles of her feet, and trying to find shoes with soft padding. Interesting, isn't it. Maybe we should take a little poll to see whose families had some sort of immune problem, also. There could be a connection somewhere.

Re: Treating the Cause/ To: Nancy T.

Jane on 8/18/99 at 11:36 (009848)

Nancy T. Sounds like a good idea to me. It would be very interesting and like you said there could be a connection.

Karen on 8/12/99 at 08:02 (009655)

I have pf, achilles tendinitis, have had carpal tunnel release and a torn rotator. count me in!!
karen

Iris on 8/12/99 at 09:35 (009660)

I would be interested in trying your recommendations and reporting the results.

Ivy on 8/12/99 at 13:43 (009670)

Oh! Me! Me, too! I wanna do it too.

Please. :)

Ivy

John on 8/13/99 at 09:56 (009701)

your theory sounds very plausable. i would like to participate.

Jan on 8/13/99 at 11:00 (009710)

I would be interested, but would like to know more about what is involved in this study. I had PF with a heel spur for a year before physical therapy and orthotics helped to relieve it. Then I developed a pinched nerve on the top of my foot and after 4 cortisone shots, have relief from that. But the bottom of my feet hurt all the time even though I wear the orthotics all the time.
Thanks for the info.

Laura on 8/13/99 at 21:15 (009726)

I'd be interested in hearing more. Please put me on your list!

Jane on 8/16/99 at 10:31 (009796)

I am also interested. I have often thought this could possibly be an immune disorder. They run in my family, so that is why I questioned this. My father had Rhumatoid Arthritis.

Nancy T. on 8/16/99 at 21:47 (009815)

Jane: I also have been wondering if this is an immune disorder. My mother also had rheumatoid arthritis. In fact, I clearly remember her having trouble with burning feeling on the soles of her feet, and trying to find shoes with soft padding. Interesting, isn't it. Maybe we should take a little poll to see whose families had some sort of immune problem, also. There could be a connection somewhere.

Re: Treating the Cause/ To: Nancy T.

Jane on 8/18/99 at 11:36 (009848)

Nancy T. Sounds like a good idea to me. It would be very interesting and like you said there could be a connection.