Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Answering Questions

Posted by Scott on 8/12/99 at 13:06 (009669)

Wanda, Dr. Whitaker is great, but he's the only one I've seen on the internet that knows what quaternary amines are and his is the only company that sells it.

Glucosamine is better than shark cartilage and doesn't stink.

Joan, I haven't heard of a tissue-replacement scheme for fascia tissue, but you might look into seeing what they do with tendons

Janet, I don't know if MRI can show nerve involvement. The symptom of tingling/burning/numbness and Tinel's sign (tapping to cause tingling/burning) are the only things I know of besides the nerve studies that can detect nerve involvement.

Re: Answering Questions

janet on 8/12/99 at 23:07 (009689)

Thanks Scott.

john on 8/13/99 at 09:09 (009696)

tinels sign? scott: the doctor could not reproduce the tingling sensation when tapping on my feet but i can do it at home with no problem. my tapping produces a tingling but no burning. several months ago i went to a 'reflexologist' who's idea to treat PF was to produce as much pain as possible. most of the pain she produced was around the inside of the ankle where the nerve to the foot passes. my feet hurt much worse after a round whith her. the ortho said she could do some real damage but the heavy handed manipulation in that area.

janet on 8/12/99 at 23:07 (009689)

Thanks Scott.

john on 8/13/99 at 09:09 (009696)

tinels sign? scott: the doctor could not reproduce the tingling sensation when tapping on my feet but i can do it at home with no problem. my tapping produces a tingling but no burning. several months ago i went to a 'reflexologist' who's idea to treat PF was to produce as much pain as possible. most of the pain she produced was around the inside of the ankle where the nerve to the foot passes. my feet hurt much worse after a round whith her. the ortho said she could do some real damage but the heavy handed manipulation in that area.