Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PF and shoes

Posted by Beth T. on 8/13/99 at 06:20 (009692)

I am a 29 year old female. I was diagnosed two years ago with PF in my right foot. I have a history of bilateral club feet and multiple corrective surgeries on both feet, but only my right foot has developed PF. I tried inserts, orthotics, and even an injection of steroids into my foot (VERY painful with unpleasant side effects). Finally went to an orthopedist who specializes in feet and ankles. He recommended a different orthotic and rest. Unfortunately, my insurance company wouldn't pay for the second orthotic, and I'm a student so I certainly couldn't afford it. Now here's the good news---I bought a pair of Reebok Walk DMX shoes and my pain is completely gone. X-rays show the spur to be bigger than before, and the pain returns if I wear high heel shoes or shoes without good cushioning and support. However, as long as I wear the Reebox shoes most of the time (5 out of 7 days), the pain is completely gone.
Just wanted to share my experience with others. I know that others have also experienced some success with New Balance Cross Trainers--I might try them next!

Re: PF and shoes

EL on 8/14/99 at 22:50 (009761)

Does any know anythng or have had any experience with about the exta depth shoes which accomodate orthotics (Drew, PW Minor)? Is there any place to buy them for less than $149.00. I had EPF 4 weeks ago and have new orthotics. Thanks to all of you and to Scoot

el on 8/20/99 at 11:55 (009977)

Thank you Beth!

Joanna on 8/20/99 at 13:29 (009984)

Dear Beth,Did you wear any orthotics in your Reebox shoes? Are they running or walking shoes? Do you wear them all the time? Indoors as well ?

EL on 8/14/99 at 22:50 (009761)

Does any know anythng or have had any experience with about the exta depth shoes which accomodate orthotics (Drew, PW Minor)? Is there any place to buy them for less than $149.00. I had EPF 4 weeks ago and have new orthotics. Thanks to all of you and to Scoot

el on 8/20/99 at 11:55 (009977)

Thank you Beth!

Joanna on 8/20/99 at 13:29 (009984)

Dear Beth,Did you wear any orthotics in your Reebox shoes? Are they running or walking shoes? Do you wear them all the time? Indoors as well ?