Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dr. taped my foot and now about 50% better!

Posted by Dana on 8/13/99 at 15:55 (009717)

I have either PF or bursitis (jury still out) in my left foot and on top of that I sprained the foot. The Dr. taped my foot for 3 days for the sprain and now the foot is (sprain and heel) about 50% better. I don't have to wear shoes in the tub anymore and they are only a little tender when I first walk on them in the morning. I think the taping gave my foot the help it needed. He gave me shoe inserts and heel cups and told me to take 2 Aleves' (sp?) 2x per day for two weeks and come back in 4 weeks. I think I'm on the mend, Yahoo!

Re: Dr. taped my foot and now about 50% better!

Nancy T. on 8/13/99 at 18:39 (009719)

Dana: Did the Doctor use elastized tape, and what kind of shoe inserts and heel cups were you given? I am happy that the taping worked for you. I have tried it, and my foot was worse. Everyone is different, I guess!

Dana on 8/14/99 at 02:39 (009735)

Nancy, the doctor put a cloth foot pad on the bottom of my foot and then used just some surgical tape. He gave me the inserts and heel cups, they didn't have a name on them. I shouldn't say gave they cost about 65.00 all together. As we have all found out you just never know what is going to work for you. Good luck

Nancy T. on 8/13/99 at 18:39 (009719)

Dana: Did the Doctor use elastized tape, and what kind of shoe inserts and heel cups were you given? I am happy that the taping worked for you. I have tried it, and my foot was worse. Everyone is different, I guess!

Dana on 8/14/99 at 02:39 (009735)

Nancy, the doctor put a cloth foot pad on the bottom of my foot and then used just some surgical tape. He gave me the inserts and heel cups, they didn't have a name on them. I shouldn't say gave they cost about 65.00 all together. As we have all found out you just never know what is going to work for you. Good luck