Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Arch support socks worn at night

Posted by Lori on 8/14/99 at 19:16 (009756)

Hi Nancy! Glad you are getting some relief. I found that they were most helpful at night than with my shoes. You described the feeling I felt...that they seemed to 'hold' things together.
Lori in AZ

Re: Arch support socks worn at night

Nancy T. on 8/14/99 at 21:11 (009758)

Lori: Its the little things that count, right? For $3.98 for three pair, I feel it was a great investment. Did you get any relief at all wearing them with shoes..or did it make things worse? I haven't tried them with shoes yet..was going to tomorrow. Tonite will be the second night with them on.

Lori on 8/14/99 at 23:38 (009764)

Nancy, the main difference was when I wore them at night. Wore them with shoes and didn't feel much difference. In fact, tonight, though it's pretty hot, I put them on again because of your post. Will see if the first time was just a 'fluke.' However, the concept makes sense as people are supposed to tape their arches...
Lori in AZ

Nancy T. on 8/15/99 at 12:06 (009773)

Lori: Just wondered how you made out with the socks last night. I wore mine again last night (even tho it was HOT here too)and had that same 'good' feeling when I got up. They definitely help for that first thing in the morning pain.

Lori on 8/15/99 at 12:25 (009774)

Nancy, Had a bit of soreness this AM but that was because I had a sick dog most of the night and couldn't massage my feet before getting out of bed. However, I have liked the feeling of the arches being 'held' firmly. Will Winter ever come?
Lori in AZ

Margot on 8/17/99 at 23:30 (009841)

Why don't the Dr's tell us about all these things to help or don't they know?

Nancy T. on 8/14/99 at 21:11 (009758)

Lori: Its the little things that count, right? For $3.98 for three pair, I feel it was a great investment. Did you get any relief at all wearing them with shoes..or did it make things worse? I haven't tried them with shoes yet..was going to tomorrow. Tonite will be the second night with them on.

Lori on 8/14/99 at 23:38 (009764)

Nancy, the main difference was when I wore them at night. Wore them with shoes and didn't feel much difference. In fact, tonight, though it's pretty hot, I put them on again because of your post. Will see if the first time was just a 'fluke.' However, the concept makes sense as people are supposed to tape their arches...
Lori in AZ

Nancy T. on 8/15/99 at 12:06 (009773)

Lori: Just wondered how you made out with the socks last night. I wore mine again last night (even tho it was HOT here too)and had that same 'good' feeling when I got up. They definitely help for that first thing in the morning pain.

Lori on 8/15/99 at 12:25 (009774)

Nancy, Had a bit of soreness this AM but that was because I had a sick dog most of the night and couldn't massage my feet before getting out of bed. However, I have liked the feeling of the arches being 'held' firmly. Will Winter ever come?
Lori in AZ

Margot on 8/17/99 at 23:30 (009841)

Why don't the Dr's tell us about all these things to help or don't they know?