Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

What about going barefoot?

Posted by Raleigh on 8/15/99 at 00:09 (009765)

I love to go barefoot around the house, but have limited it since the dreaded pf. I still sometimes rebel and go barefoot- though I know we're not 'supposed to'. Has anyone noticed if this has made a difference in the long run? (no pun intended)

Re: What about going barefoot?

kara on 8/15/99 at 14:50 (009778)

Tape your feet, I know it looks ugly, but it's like having arch supports built in without the shoes, and you can always put on socks to cover them up.
After having this for four years, and finally realizing it's never going to just go away, I NEVER walk barefoot!
see scott's book for suggestions on taping.
kara

Sarah on 8/16/99 at 08:00 (009793)

When I was diagnosed last September and was told not to go barefoot I was like 'yeah right!!!!'. Anyway, my pain continued to get worse until that Janurary I was placed into physical therapy and finally got the message. It was then that I stopped going barefoot and now I can't go barefoot at all. It hurts too much to be w/o orthodics. I do miss air reaching my foot and have discovered Naot clog/mules which are the only shoes that I can wear w/o orthodic w/ comfort and can slipp off easily when sitting down to get that barefoot feeling. Believe me, I do miss going barefoot but my pain has almost gone completely away and I am not risking bringing it back by going barefoot. Good luck to you and keep those shoes ON!

kara on 8/15/99 at 14:50 (009778)

Tape your feet, I know it looks ugly, but it's like having arch supports built in without the shoes, and you can always put on socks to cover them up.
After having this for four years, and finally realizing it's never going to just go away, I NEVER walk barefoot!
see scott's book for suggestions on taping.
kara

Sarah on 8/16/99 at 08:00 (009793)

When I was diagnosed last September and was told not to go barefoot I was like 'yeah right!!!!'. Anyway, my pain continued to get worse until that Janurary I was placed into physical therapy and finally got the message. It was then that I stopped going barefoot and now I can't go barefoot at all. It hurts too much to be w/o orthodics. I do miss air reaching my foot and have discovered Naot clog/mules which are the only shoes that I can wear w/o orthodic w/ comfort and can slipp off easily when sitting down to get that barefoot feeling. Believe me, I do miss going barefoot but my pain has almost gone completely away and I am not risking bringing it back by going barefoot. Good luck to you and keep those shoes ON!