Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Acupuncture, Magnets- opinion

Posted by Raleigh on 8/15/99 at 00:18 (009767)

I am finding the acupuncture helpful! It is great for the non-traumatic pf that plagues me (in addition to the myofacial pain I have in my wrists). The trauma-related pf pain is more stubborn, but the pain is definitely less. It is unbelievable: there you are, a human pincushion, and the doctor (she is an MD, too) is checking the sore spots (after I almost kicked her for touching them), and they don't hurt! Of course, once you are no longer a porcupine, the pain does return, but it seems as if the therapy helps everything to loosen, and the pain to lessen. The doctor also suggested the use of magnets with the southern pole of the magnet facing your skin. Check the magnet with a compass.

Re: Acupuncture, Magnets- opinion

Lori on 8/15/99 at 00:22 (009768)

I found much relief after only one accupuncture treatment. I went again and will continue to go several more times.
Lori in AZ

Re: Acupuncture, Magnets- a fact

Paul on 8/16/99 at 06:09 (009790)

Magnets do work and there is a patented magnetic field design that does not require concern for the North South relationship. This design is the reason that this particular technology out sells all other magnetic products combined.

Cheers.

Joanna on 8/21/99 at 00:00 (010035)

A friend at work told me about a PF sufferer who goes to her golf club. She has had success with magnets and is now selling them to other golfers. However I wonder if it may be that they are in the shape of orthotics. i will try to get more info.

iris on 8/23/99 at 00:00 (010095)

i have been going for acupuncture for 1 month now. it has helped to reduce the swelling greatly. whether it has helped the pain - i am not sure.

before i developed this problem, i used magnets in my shoes - didn't seem to help me in any way.

Debi on 8/24/99 at 00:00 (010139)

I've also used the magnets and with no success. However, my husband has 'football knees' and uses them with great success along with
glucosamine.

Lori on 8/15/99 at 00:22 (009768)

I found much relief after only one accupuncture treatment. I went again and will continue to go several more times.
Lori in AZ

Re: Acupuncture, Magnets- a fact

Paul on 8/16/99 at 06:09 (009790)

Magnets do work and there is a patented magnetic field design that does not require concern for the North South relationship. This design is the reason that this particular technology out sells all other magnetic products combined.

Cheers.

Joanna on 8/21/99 at 00:00 (010035)

A friend at work told me about a PF sufferer who goes to her golf club. She has had success with magnets and is now selling them to other golfers. However I wonder if it may be that they are in the shape of orthotics. i will try to get more info.

iris on 8/23/99 at 00:00 (010095)

i have been going for acupuncture for 1 month now. it has helped to reduce the swelling greatly. whether it has helped the pain - i am not sure.

before i developed this problem, i used magnets in my shoes - didn't seem to help me in any way.

Debi on 8/24/99 at 00:00 (010139)

I've also used the magnets and with no success. However, my husband has 'football knees' and uses them with great success along with
glucosamine.