Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Question for Teva sandal wearers

Posted by John H on 8/15/99 at 12:57 (009776)

I have gotten significant relief for my p.f. after wearing Teva sandals (Valkyrie model). I can now walk several miles without pain. I think the design of this model (with arch support, soft heel cushion and flexible bending) allowed my foot to heal.
QUESTION: Has any Teva wearer found a shoe of similar design? I will need to switch to regular footwear in the fall. Thanks.

Re: Question for Teva sandal wearers

Jane on 8/16/99 at 10:46 (009798)

I love my Teva sandals. I have found the same results as you. The soft cushion seems to help. I was unable to wear Burks because they were too hard. Also unable to wear New Balance for the same reason. I have just last week found a sneaker that seems to be comparable. Reebok DMX 10's. They have a very soft cushion throughout the entire bottom. (Air). They are a fairly new product from Reebok and a very big seller. They are a running sneaker but I am not a runner. I bought them to wear every day and they feel great so far. They are somewhat less attractive but who cares if you are looking for comfort. I paid $107.00. I wore them in the store an hour before I bought them to make sure I liked them. They do have them in Mens also. Good Luck.

Liz on 8/17/99 at 00:03 (009817)

Let me first say that I always wear my custom orthotics. I rarely wear tevas any more. I have a pair of 'Ugg' ankle boots that are wonderful. I wear the 90% of the time from Oct. to March . They are sheepskin boots with a sherling lining and I wear them barefoot even in extreme cold. I also have a pair of Ugg clogs but I don't find them as comfortable as the boots. In the summer I try to wear running shoes as much as possible because of the extra heel cushioning. I'm not pain free yet but I'm slowly improving and I'm still playing tennis 5x/week. If you are interested in Uggs they are wholesaled in the US by the same company that sells tevas--Decker Outdoor. They do have a web site and you can see the styles of Ugg and Teva that they have. They won't sell directly to you but I'm sure that thay can direct you to a retailer in your area. Good Luck!!

Jane on 8/16/99 at 10:46 (009798)

I love my Teva sandals. I have found the same results as you. The soft cushion seems to help. I was unable to wear Burks because they were too hard. Also unable to wear New Balance for the same reason. I have just last week found a sneaker that seems to be comparable. Reebok DMX 10's. They have a very soft cushion throughout the entire bottom. (Air). They are a fairly new product from Reebok and a very big seller. They are a running sneaker but I am not a runner. I bought them to wear every day and they feel great so far. They are somewhat less attractive but who cares if you are looking for comfort. I paid $107.00. I wore them in the store an hour before I bought them to make sure I liked them. They do have them in Mens also. Good Luck.

Liz on 8/17/99 at 00:03 (009817)

Let me first say that I always wear my custom orthotics. I rarely wear tevas any more. I have a pair of 'Ugg' ankle boots that are wonderful. I wear the 90% of the time from Oct. to March . They are sheepskin boots with a sherling lining and I wear them barefoot even in extreme cold. I also have a pair of Ugg clogs but I don't find them as comfortable as the boots. In the summer I try to wear running shoes as much as possible because of the extra heel cushioning. I'm not pain free yet but I'm slowly improving and I'm still playing tennis 5x/week. If you are interested in Uggs they are wholesaled in the US by the same company that sells tevas--Decker Outdoor. They do have a web site and you can see the styles of Ugg and Teva that they have. They won't sell directly to you but I'm sure that thay can direct you to a retailer in your area. Good Luck!!