Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Medicine is an art, not an exact science...

Posted by Raleigh on 8/15/99 at 23:10 (009787)

Hey there CrabbyAss! (love that name, this PF makes me crabby as all get out!). Unfortunately, medicine is just not an exact science. there is so much they don't know about how the body works. Traditional western medicine is even more limited. Maybe someone will find a substance that will help ligaments repair themselves. Glucosamine and chondroitin sulfates help the body to repair cartilage, so maybe...

Re: Medicine is an art, not an exact science...

CA2 on 8/17/99 at 10:29 (009822)

Hi Raleigh, that's why i picked the name, LOL. makes me laugh and with this foot that's how I feel alot of times. I know medicine isn't an exact science but it burns me up that the medical community has not pursued any further studies about PF, esp. the ones that have recently been posted here, the stomach, immune system etc. Like I said to Gary, it's like all is written in stone now as far as the reasons why we get this and how to treat it. Well take care, Marie

Re: Medicine is an art, not an exact science...

CA2 on 8/17/99 at 10:29 (009822)

Hi Raleigh, that's why i picked the name, LOL. makes me laugh and with this foot that's how I feel alot of times. I know medicine isn't an exact science but it burns me up that the medical community has not pursued any further studies about PF, esp. the ones that have recently been posted here, the stomach, immune system etc. Like I said to Gary, it's like all is written in stone now as far as the reasons why we get this and how to treat it. Well take care, Marie