Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

What is a Precor Crosstrainer?

Posted by Sue on 8/17/99 at 16:28 (009830)

I've never heard of a Precor Crosstrainer--but then I have never gone to a gym. Do all gyms have them? What are they like? It seems like most exercise (except swimming) involves using your feet. Cycling makes my feet tingle for about 2 hours after I do it.

Re: What is a Precor Crosstrainer?

Karen Trail on 8/18/99 at 20:50 (009871)

Hi Sue,
I don't know if all gyms have crosstrainers are not. Go to http://www.precor.com/ and click on commercial products and click on efx and it will explain the crosstrainer to you. Could not use the treadmill much so i would get on the crosstrainer just about everyday cause there is no impact to the foot. My foot has gotten so much better and the only thing that i can think that has made it better is the crosstrainer. Back a year ago the doctor was saying surgery because the cortisone shots were not helping. But i decided i would try to heal on my own. I joined the gym to loose weight and think i found a cure for my foot. Maybe not the answer for everyone but sure helped me. What are you doing for your pf?

Re: What is a Precor Crosstrainer?

Karen Trail on 8/18/99 at 20:50 (009871)

Hi Sue,
I don't know if all gyms have crosstrainers are not. Go to http://www.precor.com/ and click on commercial products and click on efx and it will explain the crosstrainer to you. Could not use the treadmill much so i would get on the crosstrainer just about everyday cause there is no impact to the foot. My foot has gotten so much better and the only thing that i can think that has made it better is the crosstrainer. Back a year ago the doctor was saying surgery because the cortisone shots were not helping. But i decided i would try to heal on my own. I joined the gym to loose weight and think i found a cure for my foot. Maybe not the answer for everyone but sure helped me. What are you doing for your pf?