Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Unwearable Shoes

Posted by JaneK on 8/18/99 at 07:08 (009842)

I wonder how much money we've all spent trying to get shoes to comfortably fit our feet? I've been wearing Easy Spirit shoes for a long time due to a D-width, and decided to try to get a walking shoe from New Balance at Foot Locker. I wore them around the house with my orthotics and decided they were too tight on my 'good foot' due to a metatarsal problem. I took them back and the guy looked at me like I was crazy that they have to fit!!!I argued that he can't tell how my feet feel in them!!! I also bought a pair of Steggman Wool clogs to wear as slippers.. they are much like Birkenstocks and are wonderful for my foot with PF, however is creating the numbness and tingling in the metatarsals of my other foot...maybe I bought the wrong size!!! It's unbelievable how many pairs of shoes I've given away due to trial and error!! I'm sure I'm not alone.

Re: Unwearable Shoes

Joanna on 8/21/99 at 00:00 (010036)

i know how you feel. i am a severe over pronator and have found that ASICS running shoes help my knees however they seem to bother my PF. Tevas feel better for my PF but my knees ache as they offer NO support for your ankle and foot. My NEW BALANCE walking shoes have a built in arch and I can't wear my orthotics in them. I ca relate with your frustation. Oh the days when I could go bearfoot. At least I know I am not alone. After reading this site I have hope that we will all be able to overcome this at sone point.

Re: Unwearable Shoes

Joanna on 8/21/99 at 00:00 (010036)

i know how you feel. i am a severe over pronator and have found that ASICS running shoes help my knees however they seem to bother my PF. Tevas feel better for my PF but my knees ache as they offer NO support for your ankle and foot. My NEW BALANCE walking shoes have a built in arch and I can't wear my orthotics in them. I ca relate with your frustation. Oh the days when I could go bearfoot. At least I know I am not alone. After reading this site I have hope that we will all be able to overcome this at sone point.