Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

It May Be Something or It May be Nothing

Posted by Nancy T. on 8/18/99 at 20:44 (009868)

OK, everyone. As you may know, I am a newly diagnosed PF sufferer, having found out I had this dreadful ailment about 7 weeks ago. Naturally, the inflammation level is great at this point. While reading two different newspapers last evening, I saw an article on a 'Sports Lotion' that is also used for arthritis sufferers. It is a refined 'horse liniment', formally used to treat inflammation in race hores. It has been refined by the Phillips Gulf Corporation for use for us humans.The literature states'ARTH-RX' is a breakthrough in the treatment of painful disorders ranging from minor aches and pains to more serious conditions such as arthritis,bursitis, rheumatism, tendonitis and others.' I went to one drugstore today, and it was sold out. I went to another and found it. It is not cheap...$19.95 for a 3 oz. bottle (with a roll on applicator). I have used it twice today, and I cannot believe the difference it has made!!!!!I am sitting here now in barefeet, and the pain is down 80%. The literature also states that 3 to 4 weeks is needed for maximum pain relief. (I think that if we can somehow get rid of the inflammation, or at least get it down to a more bearable level, alot of healing can take place.) Anyone willing to give this a try with me? I will keep you all posted as to any further progress.So far, it is the best $20.00 I have spent so far on PF!

Re: It May Be Something or It May be Nothing

Nancy T. on 8/18/99 at 20:54 (009872)

Forgot to mention that ARTH-RX is available at Walgreens!

Margot on 8/19/99 at 00:19 (009877)

I sure will give it a try!!!

Bea on 8/19/99 at 10:31 (009902)

Since I have both bursitis & achilles tendonitis I ran right out and got it. It did help but unfortunately I have sensitive skin & I now have a terrible rash & it itches. So, did I take the pain or ddo I itch, itn't this fun? Just wanted everyone to know of the possibilities.

Nancy T. on 8/19/99 at 11:16 (009905)

Hi Bea: Maybe if you stick with it for a little bit, the rash and itch will simmer down. It contains extract of cayanne pepper, which will temporarily cause burning, which I have a little, and a little bit of itch, also. It is all worth it, tho, as it has brought my pain level down substantially. I am continuing with stretching and ice, as needed, but this has really helped me ALOT! Let me know how you are doing with it, Bea...I synpathize and am with you all the way!

Nancy T. on 8/19/99 at 11:18 (009906)

Margot: Please let me know how you are doing with this once you try it. As I have stated, it has brought my pain level down immensely. It is the first thing that has helped me!

Nancy T. on 8/19/99 at 11:43 (009907)

Bea: My box of Arth-rx came with 6 sample capsules, which I have not tried yet...(the oral version of this, instead of applying topically.)
They are glocosamine-chondroitin, which has finally been accepted as helping by the Arthritis Foundation for inflammation. If you did not receive them in your box, they are widely available at drugstores. Why don't you give them a try instead of putting up with rash and itch.?

Nancy T. on 8/19/99 at 15:31 (009922)

Hi Bea: Its me again. Learned something new today regarding Arth-rx.
You cannot apply it and then put on shoes. The heat from your foot causes burning like you wouldn't believe. (They tell you not to use it with heating pad)...so....we will just be able to use it when we are sitting barefoot. It really does give some relief, tho....till worth the $20.....

Nancy T. on 8/19/99 at 15:33 (009923)

Margot: Please see my note to Bea above..do not use on feet while wearing shoes....Too much burning. Try it only when you don't have to walk anymore for the day, or just before going to bed. Please let me know how you are doing with it!
Nancy

Bea on 8/19/99 at 15:34 (009924)

Thanks Nancy, I have been taking glucosomine/Chrondroitin for over a year. I don't have PF-I have acute achilles tendonitis, a torn achilles tendon and bursitis, but it acts much the same as PF so I read the board in hopes of finding something that will help. Good luck to you and I hope the Arth-X continues to work for you.

Bea on 8/19/99 at 15:37 (009925)

Hi Nancy, I put it on this morning and did not put shoes on. My foot turned beet red with raised bumps. It is now some 6 hours later. I washed it off when the itching started and now it is still red but not as much and most of the itching has stopped. I'd say I had an allergic reaction of some kind.

Bea on 8/19/99 at 15:41 (009926)

Actually the most relief I've gotten topically is from Iprofen cream as well as oil of oregano, which is very smelly.

Bea on 8/19/99 at 15:43 (009927)

Actually the most relief I've gotten topically is from Ibuprofen cream as well as oil of oregano, which is very smelly.

Nanct T. on 8/19/99 at 17:17 (009929)

Hi Bea: Sounds like an allergic reaction of some kind..or if you have very delicate skin it may have irritated it. I am going to go along and see what happens. What do we have to loose? Have you seen any results from taking the pill form at all? My husband was diagnosed last week with torn achilles tendon (from running)..now we are both doing stretching..Do you believe it? I am sorry that this wasn't a help to you. Arth-rx seems to be cutting down on pain level. (Just DO NOT wear shoes with it on. Please let me know about pills. Thanks, Bea.
Nancy

Lou on 8/19/99 at 22:30 (009952)

Bea, thanks for the warning. My skin is also very sensitive. Have you tried capsaicin? OOOWWWW. So you saved me 20 bucks.

Margot on 8/20/99 at 00:53 (009956)

I went to Walgreens today and drew a blank about the name.....will go back over the weekend.........we'll try anything.....thanks!

Nancy T. on 8/18/99 at 20:54 (009872)

Forgot to mention that ARTH-RX is available at Walgreens!

Margot on 8/19/99 at 00:19 (009877)

I sure will give it a try!!!

Bea on 8/19/99 at 10:31 (009902)

Since I have both bursitis & achilles tendonitis I ran right out and got it. It did help but unfortunately I have sensitive skin & I now have a terrible rash & it itches. So, did I take the pain or ddo I itch, itn't this fun? Just wanted everyone to know of the possibilities.

Nancy T. on 8/19/99 at 11:16 (009905)

Hi Bea: Maybe if you stick with it for a little bit, the rash and itch will simmer down. It contains extract of cayanne pepper, which will temporarily cause burning, which I have a little, and a little bit of itch, also. It is all worth it, tho, as it has brought my pain level down substantially. I am continuing with stretching and ice, as needed, but this has really helped me ALOT! Let me know how you are doing with it, Bea...I synpathize and am with you all the way!

Nancy T. on 8/19/99 at 11:18 (009906)

Margot: Please let me know how you are doing with this once you try it. As I have stated, it has brought my pain level down immensely. It is the first thing that has helped me!

Nancy T. on 8/19/99 at 11:43 (009907)

Bea: My box of Arth-rx came with 6 sample capsules, which I have not tried yet...(the oral version of this, instead of applying topically.)
They are glocosamine-chondroitin, which has finally been accepted as helping by the Arthritis Foundation for inflammation. If you did not receive them in your box, they are widely available at drugstores. Why don't you give them a try instead of putting up with rash and itch.?

Nancy T. on 8/19/99 at 15:31 (009922)

Hi Bea: Its me again. Learned something new today regarding Arth-rx.
You cannot apply it and then put on shoes. The heat from your foot causes burning like you wouldn't believe. (They tell you not to use it with heating pad)...so....we will just be able to use it when we are sitting barefoot. It really does give some relief, tho....till worth the $20.....

Nancy T. on 8/19/99 at 15:33 (009923)

Margot: Please see my note to Bea above..do not use on feet while wearing shoes....Too much burning. Try it only when you don't have to walk anymore for the day, or just before going to bed. Please let me know how you are doing with it!
Nancy

Bea on 8/19/99 at 15:34 (009924)

Thanks Nancy, I have been taking glucosomine/Chrondroitin for over a year. I don't have PF-I have acute achilles tendonitis, a torn achilles tendon and bursitis, but it acts much the same as PF so I read the board in hopes of finding something that will help. Good luck to you and I hope the Arth-X continues to work for you.

Bea on 8/19/99 at 15:37 (009925)

Hi Nancy, I put it on this morning and did not put shoes on. My foot turned beet red with raised bumps. It is now some 6 hours later. I washed it off when the itching started and now it is still red but not as much and most of the itching has stopped. I'd say I had an allergic reaction of some kind.

Bea on 8/19/99 at 15:41 (009926)

Actually the most relief I've gotten topically is from Iprofen cream as well as oil of oregano, which is very smelly.

Bea on 8/19/99 at 15:43 (009927)

Actually the most relief I've gotten topically is from Ibuprofen cream as well as oil of oregano, which is very smelly.

Nanct T. on 8/19/99 at 17:17 (009929)

Hi Bea: Sounds like an allergic reaction of some kind..or if you have very delicate skin it may have irritated it. I am going to go along and see what happens. What do we have to loose? Have you seen any results from taking the pill form at all? My husband was diagnosed last week with torn achilles tendon (from running)..now we are both doing stretching..Do you believe it? I am sorry that this wasn't a help to you. Arth-rx seems to be cutting down on pain level. (Just DO NOT wear shoes with it on. Please let me know about pills. Thanks, Bea.
Nancy

Lou on 8/19/99 at 22:30 (009952)

Bea, thanks for the warning. My skin is also very sensitive. Have you tried capsaicin? OOOWWWW. So you saved me 20 bucks.

Margot on 8/20/99 at 00:53 (009956)

I went to Walgreens today and drew a blank about the name.....will go back over the weekend.........we'll try anything.....thanks!