Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Surgery ???

Posted by Lee on 8/19/99 at 07:45 (009883)

Has anyone had the pf release surgery that is endoscopic or arthoscopic. I'm not sure of the correct name but it's the surgery that is minimal incision 1/4 inch in 3 places. A Dr. on the Channel 7 news in L.A. was on about a month ago, he's boasting low recovery time, and great success. I did make an appointment but canc. it because foot was getting better. But if I'm going to do it I have to do it in Jan.
( my slow time of the year) He says recovery time 2 weeks !
Any input ?
I'm getting sick of babying this foot. I'm so afraid of getting bad pain back that I never do anything that requires walking. I spend all my spare time reading posts, massaging, icing and rolling foot, and buying new remedies trying to get rid of pain. I'm obsessed with my foot.

Re: Surgery ???

Margot on 8/19/99 at 09:43 (009898)

I know how you feel.......I feel that its all I talk to my Husband about lately......I feel like I'm starting to whine!

Nancy M on 8/19/99 at 20:47 (009939)

Lee, I've had the endoscopie (EPF) done on both feet and am 100% pain free. Each surgery was different - my friendly foot doctor changed his procedure. The first surgery I was in a cast, on crutches, absolutely no weight, stitches out after one week and was in tennis shoes moving slow. I don't think I could have stood for 6 hours. The second surgery I was was in a walking boot for about 5-6 weeks with stitches out after one week also. With a boot it would be easier to stand, but I'm not sure about 6 hours. I've also had 3 neuromas removed, the latest surgery (both feet) 4 weeks ago yesterday and my feet are feeling better and better each day.
Nancy in AZ

Margot on 8/19/99 at 09:43 (009898)

I know how you feel.......I feel that its all I talk to my Husband about lately......I feel like I'm starting to whine!

Nancy M on 8/19/99 at 20:47 (009939)

Lee, I've had the endoscopie (EPF) done on both feet and am 100% pain free. Each surgery was different - my friendly foot doctor changed his procedure. The first surgery I was in a cast, on crutches, absolutely no weight, stitches out after one week and was in tennis shoes moving slow. I don't think I could have stood for 6 hours. The second surgery I was was in a walking boot for about 5-6 weeks with stitches out after one week also. With a boot it would be easier to stand, but I'm not sure about 6 hours. I've also had 3 neuromas removed, the latest surgery (both feet) 4 weeks ago yesterday and my feet are feeling better and better each day.
Nancy in AZ