Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Hey Gordon, Scott, CarolE, GaryK, Lee, everyone... what about lack of sleep?

Posted by Raleigh on 8/21/99 at 00:00 (010051)

I read somewhere that lack of sleep, or lack of deep/quality sleep can leave your soft tissue system 'unrepaired'. I am a chronic night owl who must rise early, I almost never even get 5 hours of sleep, and am often tired. Anyone else like that?

Re: Hey Gordon, Scott, CarolE, GaryK, Lee, everyone... what about lack of sleep?

Roberta on 8/22/99 at 00:00 (010069)

Most definately, your body does most of its repair work while you are sleeping. Athletes are very careful about getting plenty of sleep, if not they are just tearing down their muscles and tissues and not rebuilding them. I am sure the same would apply for injuries.

Re: Hey Gordon, Scott, CarolE, GaryK, Lee, everyone... what about lack of sleep?

Roberta on 8/22/99 at 00:00 (010069)

Most definately, your body does most of its repair work while you are sleeping. Athletes are very careful about getting plenty of sleep, if not they are just tearing down their muscles and tissues and not rebuilding them. I am sure the same would apply for injuries.