Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

What helped me

Posted by Mary Ann on 8/22/99 at 00:00 (010061)

All I can tell you is that I had a bone scan done and the Radiologist came and told me he saw a 'hot' spot', I could have told him that, but then he also said he had PF and had gotten good orthotics at the same place I did but Ihadn't been wearing those. I had a pair made at a Physical therapy shop and went back to those because a Dr. suggested them. So after talking to him I went back to the other orthotics which are firm, 3/4 and really do hold up my arch. After a week of wearing them I felt so much better. I also had started taking more vitamins suggested here, grape seed, Vit C, and something called arthro 7,(used for arthritis) I guess I think the orthotics did it but since then I still wear the other orthotics. I have also lost 30 lbs. and should lose more. The only bad thing is that I have been wearing tennis shoes since last Sept. when this started and I am really tired of them. I still am very cautious about what I do , I still have minor pain but it is ok. I have done some stretching but have not been good about doing it consistently. I work as a nurse and it was unbearable, it is so nice now. I wish everyone good luck because this is so miserable.

Re: What helped me

el on 8/22/99 at 00:00 (010067)

Mary Ann, How did you lose the weight?

Mary Ann on 8/22/99 at 00:00 (010078)

I have cut down on the amount of food I eat. Also, low fat. I think portion control is what helps a lot, which is very hard to do. I eat fruit and yogurt in between meals and try to eat more vegetables. I started in April and did ok until July and really haven't lost since then. I tend to pick a lot and it has been hard, but I need to keep going. Good luck to you.

vicki on 8/26/99 at 00:00 (010240)

Mary Ann,
You said you work as a nurse. Did you have to quit work? Sounds like you are making progress. How long has it taken you? How have you lost weight since exercise is so limited?
I am in excruciating pain and have not been able to work since May. I too am a nurse, need to lose weight, and am very tired of tennis shoes. My doctor suggested Red Wing work boots because thay distribute the weight of the foot evenly(with orthotics of course). Imagine that with a uniform!

el on 8/22/99 at 00:00 (010067)

Mary Ann, How did you lose the weight?

Mary Ann on 8/22/99 at 00:00 (010078)

I have cut down on the amount of food I eat. Also, low fat. I think portion control is what helps a lot, which is very hard to do. I eat fruit and yogurt in between meals and try to eat more vegetables. I started in April and did ok until July and really haven't lost since then. I tend to pick a lot and it has been hard, but I need to keep going. Good luck to you.

vicki on 8/26/99 at 00:00 (010240)

Mary Ann,
You said you work as a nurse. Did you have to quit work? Sounds like you are making progress. How long has it taken you? How have you lost weight since exercise is so limited?
I am in excruciating pain and have not been able to work since May. I too am a nurse, need to lose weight, and am very tired of tennis shoes. My doctor suggested Red Wing work boots because thay distribute the weight of the foot evenly(with orthotics of course). Imagine that with a uniform!