Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

No pain for the first time in months!

Posted by Selina on 8/22/99 at 00:00 (010079)

After several months of stretching, nsaids, orthotics and anything else I had read about, I finally found some relief from my heel pain. I am on the downhill slide of a multi-day megadose of methyl prednisolone, and I have no heel pain for the first time in several months...even wearing bad shoes! Of course, the side effects of the steroid are awful (hot flashes like you wouldn't believe for someone still twenty years from menopause), but the relief is well worth the other discomfort. I'm curious to see how long the relief lasts. Does anybody have any idea?

Re: No pain for the first time in months!

Bea on 8/22/99 at 00:00 (010083)

Please be careful with the prednisone. Very bad side effects that will last all your life. General weakening of bones and lots of other poroblemsd. Beleive me unless it is life saving it is not worth it. Stick with icing, ibupofen cream and stretching and try other things you find on the board. Steroids are very dangerous.

Natasha on 8/24/99 at 00:00 (010143)

I recently was on a graduated dosing of methyl prednisolone. It took away all the pain pretty much instantaneously. As soon as I finished with the methyl prednisolone, I started taking Celebrex daily. I took the Celebrex for about 3 weeks while I've been going to physical therapy. I stopped taking the Celebrex last week to see what happened and within a few days the pain is back to being almost as bad as before the methyl prednisolone.

Bea on 8/22/99 at 00:00 (010083)

Please be careful with the prednisone. Very bad side effects that will last all your life. General weakening of bones and lots of other poroblemsd. Beleive me unless it is life saving it is not worth it. Stick with icing, ibupofen cream and stretching and try other things you find on the board. Steroids are very dangerous.

Natasha on 8/24/99 at 00:00 (010143)

I recently was on a graduated dosing of methyl prednisolone. It took away all the pain pretty much instantaneously. As soon as I finished with the methyl prednisolone, I started taking Celebrex daily. I took the Celebrex for about 3 weeks while I've been going to physical therapy. I stopped taking the Celebrex last week to see what happened and within a few days the pain is back to being almost as bad as before the methyl prednisolone.