Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Diet & our feet

Posted by Lee on 8/25/99 at 00:00 (010162)

WOW! I've been gone a couple of days. Quite a little discussion you guys had goin there regarding carbs. I'm stuck at the 23# mark. I cheated for the last couple of days. When clients ask me how did you lose so much weight I just tell them I cut down on the goodies. At first I told them Atkins and I got sick of the lectures on how the diet was going to kill me. Forget that they just told me I looked great.
And I feel great when I'm on low carbs, it works for me, but I am so hesitant to tell anyone the truth about my weight loss. No one believes my foot got better with the diet anyway. So they're not going to believe it's killing me now after 2 days of cheating. Back on 0 carbs tomorrow to make my foot better fast.

Re: Diet & our feet Attn: Iris

Sarah on 8/26/99 at 00:00 (010229)

Hey Iris! I Have been seeing a personal trainer and limiting most carbohydrates per his recommendation. Initially he told me to eat lean meats, fish, egg, dairy, fruits and vegetables (even potaotes) and my feet started feeling way better and still are. This is similar to Adtkins, but not as limiting. I had my first workout weight training session with him and I want to remind everyone that he is not an advocate of Adtkins. There is some good in it, but he says it is too extreeme. At my last session he told me I could eat a bowl of cereal (grape nuts ,oats ) in the morning only and that is it! Anyway, aside from the elimination of breads and pasta he has not eliminated any fat or sugar (yet). They will come, but he feels it will happen more naturally because with less pasta/bread in one's diet he said my cravings should go down for the sweet stuff. And, he says that as my activity level increases my body should start to crave healthier foods to keep it going. He also talked in technical jargon that I couldn't repeat here even if I wanted to. He does NOT want me to even consume diet salad dressings because he said they are not processed in body right. Anyway, I am hoping that the key is exercise and keeping my metabolism at a higher rate. I am learning a lot and I am weight training 2 times a week and exercising 30 minutes per day on nonweight training days. He said that the 30 minutes could be broken up any way I wanted to. 10 minutes here and 20 minutes there. After being on a diet since I was in the womb(its no joke, my mom's gynocologist put her on a diet when she was pregnant saying that she was gaining too much weigh to fast. Incidently she weighed 120 and was 5'6' when she delivered me, a 6 pound baby), I have decided that I cannot do another 'diet'. If this way doesn't work I am destined to be overweight the rest of my life, and I can't believe that will be the case. I am commited to this exercise program for at least 6 months.

So I guess what I am trying to say to you is 'been there, done that'. I really sympathize with your body not wanting to drop the pounds and if you have the $ you may want to consider joining a fitness club and trying a different approach. Best of luck to you and I have met a person who has done the Adtkin's diet and has kept the weight off for about a year now. She looks great. Do whats's best for you. Sarah

Re: Diet & our feet Attn: Iris

Sarah on 8/26/99 at 00:00 (010229)

Hey Iris! I Have been seeing a personal trainer and limiting most carbohydrates per his recommendation. Initially he told me to eat lean meats, fish, egg, dairy, fruits and vegetables (even potaotes) and my feet started feeling way better and still are. This is similar to Adtkins, but not as limiting. I had my first workout weight training session with him and I want to remind everyone that he is not an advocate of Adtkins. There is some good in it, but he says it is too extreeme. At my last session he told me I could eat a bowl of cereal (grape nuts ,oats ) in the morning only and that is it! Anyway, aside from the elimination of breads and pasta he has not eliminated any fat or sugar (yet). They will come, but he feels it will happen more naturally because with less pasta/bread in one's diet he said my cravings should go down for the sweet stuff. And, he says that as my activity level increases my body should start to crave healthier foods to keep it going. He also talked in technical jargon that I couldn't repeat here even if I wanted to. He does NOT want me to even consume diet salad dressings because he said they are not processed in body right. Anyway, I am hoping that the key is exercise and keeping my metabolism at a higher rate. I am learning a lot and I am weight training 2 times a week and exercising 30 minutes per day on nonweight training days. He said that the 30 minutes could be broken up any way I wanted to. 10 minutes here and 20 minutes there. After being on a diet since I was in the womb(its no joke, my mom's gynocologist put her on a diet when she was pregnant saying that she was gaining too much weigh to fast. Incidently she weighed 120 and was 5'6' when she delivered me, a 6 pound baby), I have decided that I cannot do another 'diet'. If this way doesn't work I am destined to be overweight the rest of my life, and I can't believe that will be the case. I am commited to this exercise program for at least 6 months.

So I guess what I am trying to say to you is 'been there, done that'. I really sympathize with your body not wanting to drop the pounds and if you have the $ you may want to consider joining a fitness club and trying a different approach. Best of luck to you and I have met a person who has done the Adtkin's diet and has kept the weight off for about a year now. She looks great. Do whats's best for you. Sarah