Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Piroxicam cream

Posted by kelus on 8/25/99 at 00:00 (010169)

I finally got some of this cream on 8-10...I have tried it, and I really don't think it helps too much....

I am wondering how everyone is using this cream....twice a day?

And, does it take several days for it to start working, or do you guys feel a difference right away?

Can anyone give me any advice?

Also, does anyone get any LIDOCAINE in their cream? My pharmacist said that next time he can put some LIDOCAINE in the cream.

thanks, kelus

Re: Piroxicam cream

Lee on 8/25/99 at 00:00 (010171)

It took about 2 days for cream to work. It helped a lot. I use it twice a day.

laurie on 8/25/99 at 00:00 (010175)

Someone previously posted about an over the counter cream from Walgreens. ARTH-RX. I am choosing to go this route as I am just plain old fed up with the doctor and everyone else's opinion (not in reference to the board here) about what i should and should not do, so hesitate on requesting a prescription for it. I have found out that i needed to let time and rest do it's thing for my foot, otherwise even trying to attack the problem when it was so severe was too great a thing. After a year, foot has mellowed out & as previously mentioned I'm going the glucosamine, ARTH-RX & Atkins route. I've been lucky to have 2 months off work, as i am a teacher/counselor - that has been a key to my recovery. Good luck!

Nancy T. on 8/25/99 at 00:00 (010179)

Hi Laurie: It was I that posted the note re: the Arth-rx. It gave me immediate relief at first, but I now can see why they specifically note that you should not use a heating pad with this medicine. I foolishly put it on one day, then slipped my feet into my shoes (with orthodics and arch support innersoles). The heat from my feet made them burn unbelievably!..So, although it does give relief, you cannot use this product and shoes at the same time. I use it now at night before bedtime, and it is very soothing. I ended up having to wash out innersoles and shoes to prevent the buring sensation. Please let me know how you make out with Arth-rx.The product is easily applied and drys almost instantly. We all know how you feel with this horrible burden of PF! Keep smiling....we WILL all get through!
Nancy

Gina on 8/25/99 at 00:00 (010181)

Have been using proxicam gel for almost a week and have not noticed any noticeable reduction in pain level. Don't think I will have the prescription refilled.

Wanda on 8/26/99 at 00:00 (010235)

the cream works great for me i dont use it all the time just when its almost imbearable, just rub a little on the hurting area and in no time i feel the pain go away. You can use it 2 or 3 times a day , all I can say is I dont go anywhere without mine, and if wasn't for the cream I couldnt work at all.

Lee on 8/25/99 at 00:00 (010171)

It took about 2 days for cream to work. It helped a lot. I use it twice a day.

laurie on 8/25/99 at 00:00 (010175)

Someone previously posted about an over the counter cream from Walgreens. ARTH-RX. I am choosing to go this route as I am just plain old fed up with the doctor and everyone else's opinion (not in reference to the board here) about what i should and should not do, so hesitate on requesting a prescription for it. I have found out that i needed to let time and rest do it's thing for my foot, otherwise even trying to attack the problem when it was so severe was too great a thing. After a year, foot has mellowed out & as previously mentioned I'm going the glucosamine, ARTH-RX & Atkins route. I've been lucky to have 2 months off work, as i am a teacher/counselor - that has been a key to my recovery. Good luck!

Nancy T. on 8/25/99 at 00:00 (010179)

Hi Laurie: It was I that posted the note re: the Arth-rx. It gave me immediate relief at first, but I now can see why they specifically note that you should not use a heating pad with this medicine. I foolishly put it on one day, then slipped my feet into my shoes (with orthodics and arch support innersoles). The heat from my feet made them burn unbelievably!..So, although it does give relief, you cannot use this product and shoes at the same time. I use it now at night before bedtime, and it is very soothing. I ended up having to wash out innersoles and shoes to prevent the buring sensation. Please let me know how you make out with Arth-rx.The product is easily applied and drys almost instantly. We all know how you feel with this horrible burden of PF! Keep smiling....we WILL all get through!
Nancy

Gina on 8/25/99 at 00:00 (010181)

Have been using proxicam gel for almost a week and have not noticed any noticeable reduction in pain level. Don't think I will have the prescription refilled.

Wanda on 8/26/99 at 00:00 (010235)

the cream works great for me i dont use it all the time just when its almost imbearable, just rub a little on the hurting area and in no time i feel the pain go away. You can use it 2 or 3 times a day , all I can say is I dont go anywhere without mine, and if wasn't for the cream I couldnt work at all.