Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Hot feet @ night - what is it? , what causes it ?

Posted by BJ on 8/25/99 at 00:00 (010176)

Hello, I am a long time sufferer and experience extremely hot uncomfortable feet at the end of the day. Sleeping with my feet sticking out of the covers is the only relief. I would like to know what causes this and what is this condition called. My 1st pod. told me it wasn't related to my PF. Thank you, Bruce

Re: Hot feet @ night - what is it? , what causes it ?

wendy2 on 8/25/99 at 00:00 (010190)

Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome can cause a burning sensation, and I read somewhere that some people need to hang their foot over the edge of the bed or get up to walk around at night to relieve the sensation (although this has not been my experience). Maybe you could do some research on TTS and see if it sounds like the symptoms you're experiencing. Even though I have TTS, I've never had 'hot feet' like you describe, but like anything - different symptoms can show up in different people.

John on 8/27/99 at 00:00 (010258)

could be blood circulation problem. blood flow can be measured at the ankle.

John on 8/27/99 at 00:00 (010282)

i was reading today that hot feet can be caused by something as simple as wearing shoes that do not breathe or have adequate ventilation. i have always had a tendancy to let my feet hang out from under the covers. shoes should also have good insoles.

wendy2 on 8/25/99 at 00:00 (010190)

Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome can cause a burning sensation, and I read somewhere that some people need to hang their foot over the edge of the bed or get up to walk around at night to relieve the sensation (although this has not been my experience). Maybe you could do some research on TTS and see if it sounds like the symptoms you're experiencing. Even though I have TTS, I've never had 'hot feet' like you describe, but like anything - different symptoms can show up in different people.

John on 8/27/99 at 00:00 (010258)

could be blood circulation problem. blood flow can be measured at the ankle.

John on 8/27/99 at 00:00 (010282)

i was reading today that hot feet can be caused by something as simple as wearing shoes that do not breathe or have adequate ventilation. i have always had a tendancy to let my feet hang out from under the covers. shoes should also have good insoles.