Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

SAM-e helped more

Posted by Sandra Z on 8/25/99 at 00:00 (010177)

I tried G/C and didn't notice much improvement in my feet. The G/C also gave me gas, so I stopped using it. This spring I started taking Sam-e, which just became available in the U.S., and has been used in Europe for 20 years to treat joint mobility problems and depression. Within a week my heel felt markedly better. Now, I was also seeing a great sports medicine therapist, and had been improving under her care for several months, so Sam-e can't take 100% of the credit, but I feel it deserves some. As a side benefit, I was in a great mood! I have continued taking it and my foot is still doing very well. It's expensive, but worth it for me. The best price by far is at Wal-Mart, where it's about $1 a pill (I take 2 each day). In health stores and Walgreens, I've seen the same brand for $1.50 a pill. The brand I buy is Nature Made, and the website is http://www.naturemade.com . The site has a description of Sam-e and the European experience.