Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Lou and others re: dressy shoes with/without inserts

Posted by Judy on 8/26/99 at 00:00 (010227)

Since I posted yesterday, I have been out shopping all day today (feet killing me) looking for some kind of pump/casual shoe that DOES NOT have to be tied and looks pretty good with a dress/skirt and that my ortho fits into. I remember reading a post on here a few weeks ago from someone who found that a shoe with a strap over the top of the foot does a nice job of holding your foot and insert in place. The problem is that unless the shoe has a substantial depth to it my foot feels like is it gushing out...and the insoles are not removable. Now for the good news. In looking through my J.C. Penny catalog (fall/winter), I found 2 different styles that look pretty decent and that HAVE REMOVABLE INSOLES so I can wear my inserts. One is on page #307 and is the Rockport'Barton'...comes in 4 colors and looks very stylish and the footbed does come out. The other is on page #314 and is a leather shoe that also have a removable footbed. It is made by Dexter and is called 'Robin'. I have called several places and no one in my area sells these particular styles so I will be ordering them from Pennys catalog today and hopefully one of them will be my 'relief' from sneakers. I Will let you know. I personally think the Rockport pumps are just what I've been looking for. Hope this helps anyone else who needs to wear something else than sneakers with her wardrobe.

Re: To Lou and others re: dressy shoes with/without inserts

Lou on 8/26/99 at 00:00 (010231)

I went shopping for Mephistos today and got a pair of Sabatinas. But the best thing is that I looked at a chart of the new fall line and there is a low-heel pump. It is called Romana. They weren't in yet, but I'm on a waiting list.

Nancy on 8/26/99 at 00:00 (010233)

Judy, I went shopping last night at Dillards and bought a pair of the Rockport 'Barton'. I saw them on the web and thought they were cute, so did the people at work today. I've been wearing blue surgery shoes and tennis shoes for the last 5 weeks. I had surgery (neuromas) on both feet 5 weeks ago. One of the reasons I like them is for the removable footbed. I also wear orthodics and what I do is put my orthodics under the footbed. I also do that with my New Balance tennis shoes. After a day of work my feet feel pretty good, of course they are still a little sore from the surgery, but getting better and better each day. I found out Dillards carried them by getting on the web (www.rockport.com) and search under retail locator.
Nancy in AZ

Lou on 8/26/99 at 00:00 (010231)

I went shopping for Mephistos today and got a pair of Sabatinas. But the best thing is that I looked at a chart of the new fall line and there is a low-heel pump. It is called Romana. They weren't in yet, but I'm on a waiting list.

Nancy on 8/26/99 at 00:00 (010233)

Judy, I went shopping last night at Dillards and bought a pair of the Rockport 'Barton'. I saw them on the web and thought they were cute, so did the people at work today. I've been wearing blue surgery shoes and tennis shoes for the last 5 weeks. I had surgery (neuromas) on both feet 5 weeks ago. One of the reasons I like them is for the removable footbed. I also wear orthodics and what I do is put my orthodics under the footbed. I also do that with my New Balance tennis shoes. After a day of work my feet feel pretty good, of course they are still a little sore from the surgery, but getting better and better each day. I found out Dillards carried them by getting on the web (www.rockport.com) and search under retail locator.
Nancy in AZ