Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

For Women PF sufferers only

Posted by Dannielle on 8/27/99 at 00:00 (010251)

I don't know a more tactful way to ask this, but here goes: do you ever find that during your 'time of the month', your PF feels more pronounced (your feet are more tender/painful)? I've been experiencing this and I'm not sure if it is coincidence or there's an actual connection.

Re: For Women PF sufferers only

Andrea on 8/27/99 at 00:00 (010255)

Funny you should mention that. I had noticed after a pretty long stretch of feeling better that on Wednesday (the 1st day of you know what) that they were worse again. I was wondering if water retention or the swelling had more to do with it. I thought I read a post once here talking about heat and humidity and that people had swelling as a result and thought it made their feet worse.

Kimbe on 8/27/99 at 00:00 (010284)

Yes, my menstral pain used to go down my legs and into my feet. It's as if the nerve endings in my feet were affected by my severe menstral pain. I had endimetriosis for years. I recently had a hysterectomy, so it shouldn't be a problem for me anymore.

Jenn on 8/31/99 at 00:00 (010385)

Now that you've brought it up, yes, I think the heels qre more painful around that time of the month. In fact I find my whole leg hurts.

vicki on 9/02/99 at 00:00 (010500)

I have wondered if hormone changes affect the pain tolerence or something. I was having very slight foot pain on occassion about 6 years ago. I started taking birth control pills about 5 years ago and had very little trouble with the feet.(At least nothing got worse.) Since stopping the pill, It has gotten worse continually and quickly.If testosterone builds muscle and tendon, could estrogen or progesterone weaken it? Just a thought-may be utterly ridiculous.

Andrea on 8/27/99 at 00:00 (010255)

Funny you should mention that. I had noticed after a pretty long stretch of feeling better that on Wednesday (the 1st day of you know what) that they were worse again. I was wondering if water retention or the swelling had more to do with it. I thought I read a post once here talking about heat and humidity and that people had swelling as a result and thought it made their feet worse.

Kimbe on 8/27/99 at 00:00 (010284)

Yes, my menstral pain used to go down my legs and into my feet. It's as if the nerve endings in my feet were affected by my severe menstral pain. I had endimetriosis for years. I recently had a hysterectomy, so it shouldn't be a problem for me anymore.

Jenn on 8/31/99 at 00:00 (010385)

Now that you've brought it up, yes, I think the heels qre more painful around that time of the month. In fact I find my whole leg hurts.

vicki on 9/02/99 at 00:00 (010500)

I have wondered if hormone changes affect the pain tolerence or something. I was having very slight foot pain on occassion about 6 years ago. I started taking birth control pills about 5 years ago and had very little trouble with the feet.(At least nothing got worse.) Since stopping the pill, It has gotten worse continually and quickly.If testosterone builds muscle and tendon, could estrogen or progesterone weaken it? Just a thought-may be utterly ridiculous.