Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Removable Arch Pad

Posted by Vicki on 8/27/99 at 00:00 (010252)

Has anyone tried the removable arch pad...the one sold at 'REmovable ARch Pad.com'...a link given on the products page of this site. I'm hoping they might help with dress shoes that my orthodics won't fit in.

Re: Removable Arch Pad

Robin on 8/27/99 at 00:00 (010279)

I don't know for sure about the one you are referencing, but I have tried several OTC arch pads and orthotic inserts and have been disappointed across the board. Since last December I have been a Birkenstock wearer because the Birk arch support fits me to a 'T' better than anything else. Every OTC support I tried was simply too soft or too flimsy or too move-able in the shoe. Even the rock hard Spenco type inserts didn't cut it for me because there wasn't enough support exactly where I needed it-- and too much everywhere else. I have pretty much given up on finding anything that works well in dress shoes (although for me, the Birk insert works okay, not great).

elaine on 8/27/99 at 00:00 (010285)

When I first went to the Dr. he recommended dynasteps, very reasonable, and for me..with high arches they make a TREMENDOUS difference. I absoutely cannot wear shoes without them. I had a pair forever and finally bought a second pair, fearing the first pair had worn out... and the new pair felt as good as the old... even after a year. Hope this helps. HAVFAITH ! i did... and it helped. I hope you HAVFAYTHE 2 :)

Vicki on 8/28/99 at 00:00 (010296)

What are dynasteps and where did you buy them?

Robin on 8/27/99 at 00:00 (010279)

I don't know for sure about the one you are referencing, but I have tried several OTC arch pads and orthotic inserts and have been disappointed across the board. Since last December I have been a Birkenstock wearer because the Birk arch support fits me to a 'T' better than anything else. Every OTC support I tried was simply too soft or too flimsy or too move-able in the shoe. Even the rock hard Spenco type inserts didn't cut it for me because there wasn't enough support exactly where I needed it-- and too much everywhere else. I have pretty much given up on finding anything that works well in dress shoes (although for me, the Birk insert works okay, not great).

elaine on 8/27/99 at 00:00 (010285)

When I first went to the Dr. he recommended dynasteps, very reasonable, and for me..with high arches they make a TREMENDOUS difference. I absoutely cannot wear shoes without them. I had a pair forever and finally bought a second pair, fearing the first pair had worn out... and the new pair felt as good as the old... even after a year. Hope this helps. HAVFAITH ! i did... and it helped. I hope you HAVFAYTHE 2 :)

Vicki on 8/28/99 at 00:00 (010296)

What are dynasteps and where did you buy them?