Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Sports with brace? Bracemaker-company?

Posted by Per, DK on 8/28/99 at 00:00 (010301)

Thanks for sharing the tip Dawn; and it always warms to hear when someones better.
I have two questions for you that I would be glad if you answered:

1: Can you do sports with this brace or is that to hard on the achilles tendon (as the toe-to-heel taping is)?
2: Can you specify the exact name of the arch-brace, and the company (and their address, phonenumber and the like)? I would like to have the brace, but I canīt get the intelihealth-page to work, and because I am not living in continental USA I canīt order catalogues from Dr. Leonard.

Good luck with your foot and your other projects.

Love

Per

Re: Sports with brace? Bracemaker-company?

Dawn Augustyn on 8/30/99 at 00:00 (010342)

You could do sports with this with no problem. The term 'brace' may be a bit misleading as it is not a hard brace. It is a soft brace. It just wraps around the middle of your foot at the arch. It pulls the tendon up so it reduces the strain that causes PF. It does not change the size of your foot so shoe fit should be the same with or without it.

Try this link instead for intelihealth: http://www.intelihealth.com/IH/ihtIH

I will provide more info on the manufacturer of this product for you tomorrow as I do not have the package with me today.

Re: Sports with brace? Bracemaker-company?

Dawn Augustyn on 8/30/99 at 00:00 (010342)

You could do sports with this with no problem. The term 'brace' may be a bit misleading as it is not a hard brace. It is a soft brace. It just wraps around the middle of your foot at the arch. It pulls the tendon up so it reduces the strain that causes PF. It does not change the size of your foot so shoe fit should be the same with or without it.

Try this link instead for intelihealth: http://www.intelihealth.com/IH/ihtIH

I will provide more info on the manufacturer of this product for you tomorrow as I do not have the package with me today.