Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

overdoing it!

Posted by joan on 8/28/99 at 00:00 (010310)

Just a little update on my status since beginning the Vioxx a couple of weeks ago. I just came off a couple of bad days--they were not as bad as they once were but they were worse than they had been since I started the meds. The cause? I'm guessing it's because I overdid it. I am a normal human. I pushed it. I am in the middle of major home improvements and so I did a LOT of walking while shopping for carpets, ripped out a closet wall, dragged stuff out to the curb, etc. Also, I had a small problem with the way my insert was fitting into my shoe, which I believe contributed to it all. Anyway, just a little input. I DO plan to take it easy and be more religious in treating my foot with more respect while it heals, but in this case just too much needs to be done around here in the next two weeks. But I am learning my lesson in other ways and babying it as much as I can. As I've said, I believe that the Vioxx will be a significant aid in my recovery, but the true healing is going to come from following all the great things we all discuss here. So if anyone else is experiencing relief with the drug, I want to say please be careful and continue to treat your feet with good sense and maybe don't plunge right back into everything you miss too soon. At least in my case this will not be the way for me. I am STILL smiling, though! :o) :o) :o)

Re: overdoing it!

John on 8/29/99 at 00:00 (010314)

for the first time since my surgery i ventured out to a resturant last night for a burger and a beer. this cast after only 5 days really sucks. i cannot imagine how people who stay in these things month after month keep their sanity. friday when my stitches come out i hope he puts me in one of those storm trooper type boots. i am very anxious to hear what the doctor found during this surgery.

Jenn on 8/29/99 at 00:00 (010315)

good luck John! You are in my prayers. Keep us posted!

Gina on 8/29/99 at 00:00 (010323)

Learning to PACE myself and not overdo it has been the hardest part of living with PF for over 2 years. I, too, am slowly making progress, but can end up with a relative increase in pain if I'm not careful to baby my feet at least a little. Hope that someday I won't have to think about my feet at all. Good luck and slow down (easier said than done, right?!?!)

Marlynn on 8/30/99 at 00:00 (010338)

Yesterday I did the most stupid thing. My PF had been getting better after almost a year of suffering. Yesterday, I walked on the beach barefooted like a normal person; thinking that because the sand has give it was different than walking on bare floors. WRONG. Normally I'm careful not to put normal weight on my left heel. I am paying for it full force now. I have my heel on ice as I write this, and have to start from the beginning again. I've not heard about Vioxx. What is it, an anti-inflammatory/pain killer? Do you need a prescription for it? Would be grateful if answers could be sent to my e-mail at mpchet@aol.com besides posting here. Thank you.

Fast Eddy on 8/31/99 at 00:00 (010381)

The short answers to your questions are , yes and yes, for more info go back a few days postings and there is a wealth of info there on Celebrex and Vioxx.It has been a wonder drug for me! Good luck

Ed

John on 8/29/99 at 00:00 (010314)

for the first time since my surgery i ventured out to a resturant last night for a burger and a beer. this cast after only 5 days really sucks. i cannot imagine how people who stay in these things month after month keep their sanity. friday when my stitches come out i hope he puts me in one of those storm trooper type boots. i am very anxious to hear what the doctor found during this surgery.

Jenn on 8/29/99 at 00:00 (010315)

good luck John! You are in my prayers. Keep us posted!

Gina on 8/29/99 at 00:00 (010323)

Learning to PACE myself and not overdo it has been the hardest part of living with PF for over 2 years. I, too, am slowly making progress, but can end up with a relative increase in pain if I'm not careful to baby my feet at least a little. Hope that someday I won't have to think about my feet at all. Good luck and slow down (easier said than done, right?!?!)

Marlynn on 8/30/99 at 00:00 (010338)

Yesterday I did the most stupid thing. My PF had been getting better after almost a year of suffering. Yesterday, I walked on the beach barefooted like a normal person; thinking that because the sand has give it was different than walking on bare floors. WRONG. Normally I'm careful not to put normal weight on my left heel. I am paying for it full force now. I have my heel on ice as I write this, and have to start from the beginning again. I've not heard about Vioxx. What is it, an anti-inflammatory/pain killer? Do you need a prescription for it? Would be grateful if answers could be sent to my e-mail at mpchet@aol.com besides posting here. Thank you.

Fast Eddy on 8/31/99 at 00:00 (010381)

The short answers to your questions are , yes and yes, for more info go back a few days postings and there is a wealth of info there on Celebrex and Vioxx.It has been a wonder drug for me! Good luck

Ed