Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

New to Board- Just figured out what this pain is!

Posted by Lynn on 8/29/99 at 00:00 (010319)

Hi! My doctor told me I have a heel spur. He suggested I use cushions and supportive shoes as a first step. I kinda suspected that was what this was but now after doing some research I know for sure! Can anyone suggest some exercises that help or where to find them?? Interestingly the pain went away for a few months earlier this year when I was actively loosing weight! Hmmmmmmmm I think the pain is trying to tell me something here! Can anyone suggest some shoe brands to try that are not TOO expensive!!! I wear mostly flats. I wear skirts and stirrups to work mostly.
Thanks in advance for your help!!!
Lynn

Re: New to Board- Just figured out what this pain is!

Barb on 8/30/99 at 00:00 (010363)

Welcome to the board... I have been having trouble for about a year or so and I finally found some sandals that I am living in....I wear them constantly...MEPHISTO.(.Helen is the type.)...They are really working quite well for me although you still should be really nice to your feet!!!!

cliff sanderson on 8/31/99 at 00:00 (010369)

I have found a supply of the Electric Pads for £19.99p sterling or $29.98 USD This is for the complete unit in a plastic carrycase.

I know elsewhere in the world, in particular you will pay £hundreds$ for the same unit.

The pads are placed directly onto the bottom of the foot for about 30 minutes. The contractions of the mussle can be controlled to make them more or less intense After 30 minutes your pain will be gone. I say WILL because I had PF for 4 years. Thats 4 years of pain and injections and feeling more than a little fed up with it. I tried this treatment once and have been pain free since.

If you would like me to mail you the pad kit (at no profit to me - I'm juest so relieved to be pain free) then send either cash (no coins) or a cheque made payble to C. Sanderson - to the following address - Hickling95, 34 chippenham road, bestwood park, nottingham, ng5 5ss England, United Kingdom - Enclose you adreess and allow about 14 days for me to ship you the unit. It runs on 9v battery or mains (both supplied)

Good Luck All

Barb on 8/30/99 at 00:00 (010363)

Welcome to the board... I have been having trouble for about a year or so and I finally found some sandals that I am living in....I wear them constantly...MEPHISTO.(.Helen is the type.)...They are really working quite well for me although you still should be really nice to your feet!!!!

cliff sanderson on 8/31/99 at 00:00 (010369)

I have found a supply of the Electric Pads for £19.99p sterling or $29.98 USD This is for the complete unit in a plastic carrycase.

I know elsewhere in the world, in particular you will pay £hundreds$ for the same unit.

The pads are placed directly onto the bottom of the foot for about 30 minutes. The contractions of the mussle can be controlled to make them more or less intense After 30 minutes your pain will be gone. I say WILL because I had PF for 4 years. Thats 4 years of pain and injections and feeling more than a little fed up with it. I tried this treatment once and have been pain free since.

If you would like me to mail you the pad kit (at no profit to me - I'm juest so relieved to be pain free) then send either cash (no coins) or a cheque made payble to C. Sanderson - to the following address - Hickling95, 34 chippenham road, bestwood park, nottingham, ng5 5ss England, United Kingdom - Enclose you adreess and allow about 14 days for me to ship you the unit. It runs on 9v battery or mains (both supplied)

Good Luck All