Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Anyone tried MSM?

Posted by Raleigh on 8/29/99 at 00:00 (010330)

MSM is a bio-available form of sulphur that is supposed to ease imflammation and increase circulation. I feed it to my horse to keep his soft tissues and joints healthy. It has been touted for use in humans, too. My feet are doing MUCH better already (acupuncture, stretching, orthotics, magnets, low-carb diet) but I thought I'd try MSM to see if it helps get rid of the last bit of tightness. I bought a bottle yesterday. Has anyone else tried it?

Re: Anyone tried MSM?

Annette on 8/30/99 at 00:00 (010335)

Yes! It helped me a lot with inflammation although I had to take 6000 mg a day to see a real difference, I have had a great reduction in joint pain and swelling. Also at this dose NO side effects!

Robin on 8/30/99 at 00:00 (010352)

Yes, I've tried it for well over a month, didn't see any benefit. I am using Bromelain now -- I saw a decrease in pain within a week. It's been about 6 weeks now and the decrease in pain is holding, so I'll stick with Bromelain.

Wanda on 8/30/99 at 00:00 (010361)

I use it every day I bought mine from bill rich vit's his is 99.% pure and I have taken about 2 bottles and can see a big improvement, according to bill we all need this, I have used the bromelin and couldnt see any difference.On using MSM my joints dont hurt or my knees I really swear by it, but we are all different and what works for me wont for you. I have used it for livestock to worked great

Annette on 8/30/99 at 00:00 (010335)

Yes! It helped me a lot with inflammation although I had to take 6000 mg a day to see a real difference, I have had a great reduction in joint pain and swelling. Also at this dose NO side effects!

Robin on 8/30/99 at 00:00 (010352)

Yes, I've tried it for well over a month, didn't see any benefit. I am using Bromelain now -- I saw a decrease in pain within a week. It's been about 6 weeks now and the decrease in pain is holding, so I'll stick with Bromelain.

Wanda on 8/30/99 at 00:00 (010361)

I use it every day I bought mine from bill rich vit's his is 99.% pure and I have taken about 2 bottles and can see a big improvement, according to bill we all need this, I have used the bromelin and couldnt see any difference.On using MSM my joints dont hurt or my knees I really swear by it, but we are all different and what works for me wont for you. I have used it for livestock to worked great