Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Welcome! Read the posts! There's LOTS of great input!

Posted by Raleigh on 8/29/99 at 00:00 (010331)

Sorry to hear you're aboard the Pain Train. The folks on this board are great. There is a lot of discussion about diet and how it impacts the pain. Also on shoes. Many of us wear orthotics. I wear sturdy cross-trainers with my dresses and skirts (a very chic urban look, so I am told! LOL). Stretching, ice, magnets, acupuncture, and more stretching have made a difference for me. And PF can come and go... Good luck to you, take care of them feet!

Re: Welcome! Read the posts! There's LOTS of great input!

Lynn on 8/30/99 at 00:00 (010346)

Thanks Raleigh for the welcome!
I am going to wear my Nike Air's to work today. Been having a painful week this past week. Not suppose to wear gym shoes to work but since I'm one of the bosses........ LOL!! I will get some shoes soon. Question! Everyone says they wear orthotics. What Im wondering is do you have to get a prescription one or are you talking about the over the counter pads and cushions you can buy. I have a little wimpy heel gel pad that does not help! Will update that too!! Have you ever tried wrapping your foot in an ace bandage?
Thanks!!!

Lynn

Re: Welcome! Read the posts! There's LOTS of great input!

Lynn on 8/30/99 at 00:00 (010346)

Thanks Raleigh for the welcome!
I am going to wear my Nike Air's to work today. Been having a painful week this past week. Not suppose to wear gym shoes to work but since I'm one of the bosses........ LOL!! I will get some shoes soon. Question! Everyone says they wear orthotics. What Im wondering is do you have to get a prescription one or are you talking about the over the counter pads and cushions you can buy. I have a little wimpy heel gel pad that does not help! Will update that too!! Have you ever tried wrapping your foot in an ace bandage?
Thanks!!!

Lynn