Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: insurance billings

Posted by Robin on 8/30/99 at 00:00 (010354)

Joan, I spent 10 years in the insurance industry, particularly in the group health claims arena. If you are in an HMO, or even a POS or PPO -- it may help if you have the doctor who prescribed Vioxx contact Provider Relations within your insurance plan and talk with one of the medical doctors employed by your insurance company. I can tell you from experience, you would be amazed at what can be approved if the converations are doctor-to-doctor. If he or she is willing to invest some time on your behalf with your insurer, you might just get a waiver to get the drug paid for. I think it would be a better use of your time that trying to go to the media -- that story has been done and overdone, and while future legislation may chance managed care boundaries, you need help now. What you need is a drug plan that will pay for the drug prescribed by your doc, regardless of a formulary. I'd give it a shot. I know from experience that exceptions get made every day when an insurance company doctor directs them.

joan on 8/30/99 at 00:00 (010359)

Thanks for the input--I will try it!

joan on 8/30/99 at 00:00 (010359)

Thanks for the input--I will try it!