Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: Here's the info in the bracemaker company

Posted by Dawn Augustyn on 8/31/99 at 00:00 (010379)

This is what it says on the packaging:

FootSmart Arch Brace

Benchmark Brands
P.O. Box 181002
Memphis, TN 38181
1-800-870-7149

I searched the 'yellow' pages and found this street address & direct phone number:

BENCHMARK BRANDS
3943 DELP ST
MEMPHIS TN 38118
(901) 365-4032

If anyone would like me to mail a copy of the package to you (a fax number is okay, too), please e-mail me at (email removed). Please no junk mail!

Dawn

john a on 8/31/99 at 00:00 (010383)

Hi Dawn. Glad this is working for you. If you can believe the pictures, it looks like they have the same arch support at the FeelGood site: http://www.feelgoodfast.com/product-list.asp?ProductFamily=FOOT
The price is the same ($14.95), but you pay for shipping (Intelihealth is currently running a 'back-to-school' free shipping promotion.)
FeelGood also sells another more expensive arch support that looks like it's more of an ace bandage stretchy type of thing. Does the one you bought stretch, or does it give more rigid support?

Dawn Augustyn on 8/31/99 at 00:00 (010389)

It provides a more rigid support that is determined by how tightly you pull the velcro straps. I find it provides similar support to when I was getting taped. As you know, taping lifts and supports the PF tissue preventing it from overstretching. I've never seen this arch band before so if someone has been using this particular style, their feedback would definitely be welcome.

I guess with any of the treatments & products that are available you never really know if it will work for you until you buy it and try it. Thanks for the site address.

Dawn

john a on 8/31/99 at 00:00 (010383)

Hi Dawn. Glad this is working for you. If you can believe the pictures, it looks like they have the same arch support at the FeelGood site: http://www.feelgoodfast.com/product-list.asp?ProductFamily=FOOT
The price is the same ($14.95), but you pay for shipping (Intelihealth is currently running a 'back-to-school' free shipping promotion.)
FeelGood also sells another more expensive arch support that looks like it's more of an ace bandage stretchy type of thing. Does the one you bought stretch, or does it give more rigid support?

Dawn Augustyn on 8/31/99 at 00:00 (010389)

It provides a more rigid support that is determined by how tightly you pull the velcro straps. I find it provides similar support to when I was getting taped. As you know, taping lifts and supports the PF tissue preventing it from overstretching. I've never seen this arch band before so if someone has been using this particular style, their feedback would definitely be welcome.

I guess with any of the treatments & products that are available you never really know if it will work for you until you buy it and try it. Thanks for the site address.

Dawn