Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Shoe Shopping

Posted by Lynn on 8/31/99 at 00:00 (010382)

Hi! Thanks for the responses down below. I spent some time going back and reading lots of posts last night. I'm going to get some of the arch support socks today. Stretching my feet in the am seems to be helping some too. I'm so glad I found this board!!!
I am in the process of researching shoes. There is a Naturalizer at my mall and i liked the look of their shoes. Before I invest in any shoes I wanted to hear some opinions. Anyone have any luck with Naturalizers??

Thanks!!!
Lynn

Re: Shoe Shopping

Lou on 8/31/99 at 00:00 (010391)

Naturalizers, while better than most, really don't offer the arch support or heel support we need. I'd stick with the brands people have recommended here.

ann on 8/31/99 at 00:00 (010393)

I agree that shoes like Naturalizer and Easy Spirit do not offer the suppport that others that have been mentioned do.

Bobette on 8/31/99 at 00:00 (010404)

It depends on where you will be wearing the shoes and what your needs are. I like all the ones mentioned and also Naot, made in Egypt. Not quite as pricey as some of the others and a few styles that would work for business casual....most like Birkenstocks and Halflingers...good luck!

Lee H. on 8/31/99 at 00:00 (010410)

Everyone talks about the Birkenstock being a good shoe to wear for pf and I really cant understand why. I have tried them on and the arch shape digs right into the middle of my heal and are painful. Then again most shoes are painful to me, not to mention most don't usually fit because my feet are always swelled up. I find the easy spirit most comfortable to wear, but you are right about not enough support. I'm not sure you can find comfort and support. I have about $300 worth of brand new shoes sitting in my closet, that felt good in the stores but when I got them home and tried to wear them, they were too painful.

Lou on 8/31/99 at 00:00 (010391)

Naturalizers, while better than most, really don't offer the arch support or heel support we need. I'd stick with the brands people have recommended here.

ann on 8/31/99 at 00:00 (010393)

I agree that shoes like Naturalizer and Easy Spirit do not offer the suppport that others that have been mentioned do.

Bobette on 8/31/99 at 00:00 (010404)

It depends on where you will be wearing the shoes and what your needs are. I like all the ones mentioned and also Naot, made in Egypt. Not quite as pricey as some of the others and a few styles that would work for business casual....most like Birkenstocks and Halflingers...good luck!

Lee H. on 8/31/99 at 00:00 (010410)

Everyone talks about the Birkenstock being a good shoe to wear for pf and I really cant understand why. I have tried them on and the arch shape digs right into the middle of my heal and are painful. Then again most shoes are painful to me, not to mention most don't usually fit because my feet are always swelled up. I find the easy spirit most comfortable to wear, but you are right about not enough support. I'm not sure you can find comfort and support. I have about $300 worth of brand new shoes sitting in my closet, that felt good in the stores but when I got them home and tried to wear them, they were too painful.