Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To GORDON, CAROL E, LEE M, et alia: The Low Carb Study

Posted by Raleigh on 9/01/99 at 00:00 (010459)

Where are we on this? Any word from Gary Kiefer? Did you folks see the post about intestinal disorders and PF? I think this is of interest to us re the Low Carb study!What do 'you all' think? -Raleigh

Re: To GORDON, CAROL E, LEE M, et alia: The Low Carb Study

Gordon on 9/01/99 at 00:00 (010471)

I sent a prelim copy to Gary and he is working on it.

I guess spare time is not what we all have a lot of.

I have been reading from Dr. ATkins book called Health Revolution and found it very interesting and it sheds light on why the no-simple carb diet may work for a large spectrum of problems. I got it from the public library. I highly recommend that all foot people read this book.
Currently my business is making it difficult to get any free time for the study. I hope to get in touch with Gary Soon to help get it out.

In the mean time it appears that I've seen only one exception where the ellimination of simple carbs did not help. THe diet is not a simple thing because I think you can over do it with the protein also. It is a matter of finding a balance of complex carbs and protein foods. When I do eat fruit I try to eat it in small portions at a time and mix it with nuts and seeds and water.

My feet continue to improve. I am able to do full standing aerobics and weight training on my feet now although I still ice from time to time (insurance when I suspect I did too much).

I have been walking barefoot off and on and have not suffered. It is over three years since this began and although I may have to be careful the rest of my life, I think this can be managed with diet, exercise, and attitude fairly well.

My advice is, when you have a bad day don't lie down and give up. Lie down and do 60 leg raises and 50 sit-ups and 20 push-ups and more (then ice). Fight the monster back and you will win.

Gordon

Re: To GORDON, CAROL E, LEE M, et alia: The Low Carb Study

Gordon on 9/01/99 at 00:00 (010471)

I sent a prelim copy to Gary and he is working on it.

I guess spare time is not what we all have a lot of.

I have been reading from Dr. ATkins book called Health Revolution and found it very interesting and it sheds light on why the no-simple carb diet may work for a large spectrum of problems. I got it from the public library. I highly recommend that all foot people read this book.
Currently my business is making it difficult to get any free time for the study. I hope to get in touch with Gary Soon to help get it out.

In the mean time it appears that I've seen only one exception where the ellimination of simple carbs did not help. THe diet is not a simple thing because I think you can over do it with the protein also. It is a matter of finding a balance of complex carbs and protein foods. When I do eat fruit I try to eat it in small portions at a time and mix it with nuts and seeds and water.

My feet continue to improve. I am able to do full standing aerobics and weight training on my feet now although I still ice from time to time (insurance when I suspect I did too much).

I have been walking barefoot off and on and have not suffered. It is over three years since this began and although I may have to be careful the rest of my life, I think this can be managed with diet, exercise, and attitude fairly well.

My advice is, when you have a bad day don't lie down and give up. Lie down and do 60 leg raises and 50 sit-ups and 20 push-ups and more (then ice). Fight the monster back and you will win.

Gordon