Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pain and Anxiety

Posted by Vicki on 9/01/99 at 00:00 (010464)

I've been struggling with the PF thing for almost three years now, stretching, Birks, orthotics and ibuprophen have keep me from going completely insane as I've gone through drs, meds and shoes...I am self employed and am in debt because of lost work while laid up last year unable to walk. THings are much better. I can get around now but am still on a roller coaster. I meditate and do breathing excercises to cope with the stress and anxiety, but every now and again I could use some 'help' sleeping, etc. It is the anxiety now that keeps me awake at night, or causes panic during the day. I've used kava at night and it was wonderful, but after using it 5 times in a period of 8 or nine days (only one capsule of a reliable brand) I experienced really bad indigestion (yes, I'm sure it was the kava) Has anyone got any suggestions of how to take it or something else to help with the periods of anxiety? I already use St Johns Wort for depression, so that isn't helping. Any ideas?? I'm not interested in prescription drugs unless someone can present a very convincing case otherwise.

Re: Pain and Anxiety

Lorraine on 9/01/99 at 00:00 (010482)

You sound exactly like me. My pain just started a few weeks ago and I had a shot last week. I'm a compete mess over this. I have an appointment w/an orthopedic doctor the middle of Sept. Have you ever considered surgery? I've always had trouble w/anxiety every time I have some type of problem. What have you done so far for this PF, heel spur problem. I think this site is depressing me even more. I get the impression I will live FOREVER not being able to be on my feet all day long. I have not found anything that brings relief yet. How many shots have you had? I do not want to continue getting them either. I'm at my wits end. Would enjoy hearing from you....

Lee M on 9/02/99 at 00:00 (010507)

If you really want to sleep hard take 2 tylenol pm. I felt I had been hit with a sledge hammer, couldn't get up the next day. I get home from work on wed and thurs around 9:30 pm and I'm wound up from talking all day. I take 1/2 of tylenol pm and sleep great. Most days I don't need anything to help me sleep, stand me in a corner long enough and I'll snooze. Just sleeping in sometimes takes away anxiety. I know the second I wake up my mind starts going going going !!! No time to rest and de-stress.

Lee M on 9/02/99 at 00:00 (010509)

Don't let this board depress you because more than likely anybody who has been healed had no reason to look this site up. Or they were on the board and don't post anymore. Let's face it if we were all healed we would probably doing something else besides posting. It's 6:00 am here, I should be walking right now. Instead I'm sitting hear trying to trouble shoot my last bit of nagging pain. I really feel alot of things are starting to come together in my mind regarding what caused this pf in the first place. My foot is 90% better now, but I want rid of all the pain. So I'll keep this up til I find a cure and then pass the information on so it can help someone else. Let's all try to update the board when we are cured, so we have some success stories. I do have 2 clients that cured they're pf within a couple of months. All of us here are just the unfortunate ones that take longer to heal.

Eileen K. on 9/02/99 at 00:00 (010519)

Bummer on the Kava. I take it without stomach problems, which is quite remarkable for me as EVERYTHING seems to upset my stomach. Anxiety is a major problem. Have you tried taking the Kava with milk or food? How about trying either the liquid form of Kava or herbal tea with Kava already in it? If that doesn't work, I find Melatonin works to help my sleep patterns. Good luck!

Lorraine on 9/01/99 at 00:00 (010482)

You sound exactly like me. My pain just started a few weeks ago and I had a shot last week. I'm a compete mess over this. I have an appointment w/an orthopedic doctor the middle of Sept. Have you ever considered surgery? I've always had trouble w/anxiety every time I have some type of problem. What have you done so far for this PF, heel spur problem. I think this site is depressing me even more. I get the impression I will live FOREVER not being able to be on my feet all day long. I have not found anything that brings relief yet. How many shots have you had? I do not want to continue getting them either. I'm at my wits end. Would enjoy hearing from you....

Lee M on 9/02/99 at 00:00 (010507)

If you really want to sleep hard take 2 tylenol pm. I felt I had been hit with a sledge hammer, couldn't get up the next day. I get home from work on wed and thurs around 9:30 pm and I'm wound up from talking all day. I take 1/2 of tylenol pm and sleep great. Most days I don't need anything to help me sleep, stand me in a corner long enough and I'll snooze. Just sleeping in sometimes takes away anxiety. I know the second I wake up my mind starts going going going !!! No time to rest and de-stress.

Lee M on 9/02/99 at 00:00 (010509)

Don't let this board depress you because more than likely anybody who has been healed had no reason to look this site up. Or they were on the board and don't post anymore. Let's face it if we were all healed we would probably doing something else besides posting. It's 6:00 am here, I should be walking right now. Instead I'm sitting hear trying to trouble shoot my last bit of nagging pain. I really feel alot of things are starting to come together in my mind regarding what caused this pf in the first place. My foot is 90% better now, but I want rid of all the pain. So I'll keep this up til I find a cure and then pass the information on so it can help someone else. Let's all try to update the board when we are cured, so we have some success stories. I do have 2 clients that cured they're pf within a couple of months. All of us here are just the unfortunate ones that take longer to heal.

Eileen K. on 9/02/99 at 00:00 (010519)

Bummer on the Kava. I take it without stomach problems, which is quite remarkable for me as EVERYTHING seems to upset my stomach. Anxiety is a major problem. Have you tried taking the Kava with milk or food? How about trying either the liquid form of Kava or herbal tea with Kava already in it? If that doesn't work, I find Melatonin works to help my sleep patterns. Good luck!