Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Me again, with a few more questions...where is your pain?

Posted by Dawn on 9/01/99 at 00:00 (010465)

Hi all. I hope I am not asking too many questions here, I am just feeling so dang frustrated, I am looking for as much advice as I can get!

Anyway, I read Scott's 20 page report, and there are so many similarities to my pain, yet, there are many differences. I know my pain is not at all on the bottom of my foot. Never was. My pain is all around my tendon, down the sides of my heel. Forget touching the area, or I freak. I also suspect that I have artritius in my feet, because, at the age of 15 I had bunions removed, and the podiatrist found my toes to be completely strewn with rhematoid arthritis.

I konw Scoot said his 'report' was mainly for people with bottom pain and not with artritis. I am looksing for anyone who has the pain where I do, might have arthritis, and might have some ideas for me.

I am going to get back on the low carb diet after this weekend, and see if it helps. I did the Carb Addicts diet years ago, and it worked for me loosing weight. Once I stopped, so did the loss. I am also thinking of trying Stacker-2 to help speed my loss. Anyone ever tried this?

Well, I am going to a new Pod. today, so maybe I will have some different advice. I am also going to check into bikes and water aerobic classes, that seems to be safe exercises that people have done.

Thanks to everyone!

Dawn

Re: Me again, with a few more questions...where is your pain?

Robin on 9/01/99 at 00:00 (010477)

Dawn, I think you will find, as many of us have, that the pain we experience is similar and different, and that treatments work for some and not others.

I definitely have PF. I also have osteoarthritis -- have had the blood work and diagnositics done and it's confirmed. Also have it in my hands -- just a normal function of age. Sometimes my heels hurt like crazy. But sometimes they don't hurt at all -- and my toes feel like they have been battered with a 2x4. Sometimes my arches ache. The pain certainly changes its hot spots from time to time. And sometimes -- I feel pretty good and that's when I foolishly assume I have licked the monster.

I have had PF for over a year and have been on this board since last November. What works for me does not seem to work for many on this board -- and vice versa. You will find through trial and error those things which give you the best opportunity for healing. And hopefully you will grow comfortable doing what works for you and not worry about doing what most people do. What works for you is simply what works for you, period.

Most of us on the board now need to lose weight -- as a result of not exercising. But weight is NOT the determining factor. I was a pretty normal weight when PF struck -- but I was also an avid walker (partially for weight control) and it eventually did me in. I think a healthy diet cannot help but to improve your body's conditioning, but I don't think weight loss is the answer to PF. I think nutrition may be part of the answer.

Persevere and you will find what works for you.

Dawn on 9/01/99 at 00:00 (010490)

Well, I went to the new Pod. and things are looking a bit better. At least he gave me a few more options than either do meds and injections or live with the pain.

I am taped up right now, so we will see how that goes. he wants to try othrotics if this works, and heel pads and PT.

We couldn't do much as there is a chance I might be pregnant, so we will wait to do x_rays and such. But I have to say that I don't feel like I have already hit the end of the line. He said he can give me suggestions for exercises to loose weight and to help strengthen my muscles as well, so I am willing to give this guys a chance. At least he didn't prescribe a deadly drug to me like the first guy did!

Thanks for your support and suggestions Robin, I know it is very individual, I just like seeing all the options and ideas out there.

Good luck, and hang in there as well!

tootles.

Robin on 9/01/99 at 00:00 (010477)

Dawn, I think you will find, as many of us have, that the pain we experience is similar and different, and that treatments work for some and not others.

I definitely have PF. I also have osteoarthritis -- have had the blood work and diagnositics done and it's confirmed. Also have it in my hands -- just a normal function of age. Sometimes my heels hurt like crazy. But sometimes they don't hurt at all -- and my toes feel like they have been battered with a 2x4. Sometimes my arches ache. The pain certainly changes its hot spots from time to time. And sometimes -- I feel pretty good and that's when I foolishly assume I have licked the monster.

I have had PF for over a year and have been on this board since last November. What works for me does not seem to work for many on this board -- and vice versa. You will find through trial and error those things which give you the best opportunity for healing. And hopefully you will grow comfortable doing what works for you and not worry about doing what most people do. What works for you is simply what works for you, period.

Most of us on the board now need to lose weight -- as a result of not exercising. But weight is NOT the determining factor. I was a pretty normal weight when PF struck -- but I was also an avid walker (partially for weight control) and it eventually did me in. I think a healthy diet cannot help but to improve your body's conditioning, but I don't think weight loss is the answer to PF. I think nutrition may be part of the answer.

Persevere and you will find what works for you.

Dawn on 9/01/99 at 00:00 (010490)

Well, I went to the new Pod. and things are looking a bit better. At least he gave me a few more options than either do meds and injections or live with the pain.

I am taped up right now, so we will see how that goes. he wants to try othrotics if this works, and heel pads and PT.

We couldn't do much as there is a chance I might be pregnant, so we will wait to do x_rays and such. But I have to say that I don't feel like I have already hit the end of the line. He said he can give me suggestions for exercises to loose weight and to help strengthen my muscles as well, so I am willing to give this guys a chance. At least he didn't prescribe a deadly drug to me like the first guy did!

Thanks for your support and suggestions Robin, I know it is very individual, I just like seeing all the options and ideas out there.

Good luck, and hang in there as well!

tootles.