Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Acupuncture, nutrition and plantar fascitis

Posted by Anne on 9/01/99 at 00:00 (010474)

I was suffering with plantar fascitis for several months when finally I went to an acupuncturist. After about 5 visits I began to feel a difference. In addition to the acupunture, the doctor told me that I should change my diet (no alcohol, no caffeine, no sugar, low carbs, plenty of green tea, cranberry juice and water) in order to clean out my liver. There is a stong connection between your liver and the proper functioning of your tendons (blood floww, etc.) After only a week of the diet, I am able to get out of bed PAIN FREE in the morning. I'm hoping to get back to running within a month.

Re: Acupuncture, nutrition and plantar fascitis

pete on 9/01/99 at 00:00 (010487)

what's green tea, and where do you get it...also how long do you have to stay on this diet? it's interesting you should mention blood flow as i've had this condition for 6 years. my circulation is getting worse, and i'm only 36, and look healthy otherwise. anyway, i went to a kenesiologist, and he said i may have sub optimal liver functioning causing a pale yellowing in my hands/feet, and poor circulation. he thought i was allergic to wheat/dairy, so i've quit those fo 3 weeks...unfortunately, i can't say i've noticed any difference. maybe i need to quit that other stuff too!

Lee M. on 9/01/99 at 00:00 (010498)

Funny you should mention blood flow. My phys. therapist thinks pf is related to circulation problems. Because I stand in one place for most of the day (hairstylist) that theres no flow. He says arteries get clogged and jam up, bleed out a little and cause calicium depost which caused bone spur. Says I will prob. have phelbitis if I keep going at my current pace. So part of his therapy is massage to loosen every thing up. Says most people with pf have leg cramps. I know I do. Anybody else? So anyway I 'm always willing to try a new approach, because Dr's don't know anyway. Might as well try something new.

Anne on 9/05/99 at 00:00 (010656)

Pete,
The doctor said I should stay on the diet for at least 3-4 months, and after that I should stay on a modified version of it. Alcohol, fat and caffeine really make your liver work overtime, and if you add anything else to that such as, certain perscription medications (I was on accutane for acne), or ibuprofin (tylenol), you're really making it work too hard.

I'm sure everone has their own individual problem so, if you go to an acupuncturist, I'm sure he would recommend the right thing for you.

Hope you find relief.
Anne

pete on 9/01/99 at 00:00 (010487)

what's green tea, and where do you get it...also how long do you have to stay on this diet? it's interesting you should mention blood flow as i've had this condition for 6 years. my circulation is getting worse, and i'm only 36, and look healthy otherwise. anyway, i went to a kenesiologist, and he said i may have sub optimal liver functioning causing a pale yellowing in my hands/feet, and poor circulation. he thought i was allergic to wheat/dairy, so i've quit those fo 3 weeks...unfortunately, i can't say i've noticed any difference. maybe i need to quit that other stuff too!

Lee M. on 9/01/99 at 00:00 (010498)

Funny you should mention blood flow. My phys. therapist thinks pf is related to circulation problems. Because I stand in one place for most of the day (hairstylist) that theres no flow. He says arteries get clogged and jam up, bleed out a little and cause calicium depost which caused bone spur. Says I will prob. have phelbitis if I keep going at my current pace. So part of his therapy is massage to loosen every thing up. Says most people with pf have leg cramps. I know I do. Anybody else? So anyway I 'm always willing to try a new approach, because Dr's don't know anyway. Might as well try something new.

Anne on 9/05/99 at 00:00 (010656)

Pete,
The doctor said I should stay on the diet for at least 3-4 months, and after that I should stay on a modified version of it. Alcohol, fat and caffeine really make your liver work overtime, and if you add anything else to that such as, certain perscription medications (I was on accutane for acne), or ibuprofin (tylenol), you're really making it work too hard.

I'm sure everone has their own individual problem so, if you go to an acupuncturist, I'm sure he would recommend the right thing for you.

Hope you find relief.
Anne