Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Acupuncture and diet modification has helped me, too!

Posted by Raleigh on 9/02/99 at 00:00 (010505)

Haven't cut out the caffeine, though. If I did, I would be face first in my keyboard here, snoozing away... I am trying to cut down, though. More sleep is supposed to help with tissue repair, too. Wow, I hope this helps Pete's liver function!

Re: Acupuncture and diet modification has helped me, too!

Lee M on 9/02/99 at 00:00 (010512)

Raleigh, If your really want to get rid of your caffiene addiction try my method, it worked great. Originally I tried to just cut down the amount of cups I had per day, it did'nt work because I craved coffee all day.
So then I read in a magazine how to do it and not feel bad and get rid of cravings.
In a separate container (canister or empty coff can)
Add 8 cups of caff coffee. with 1cup decaf.
when that is used up
Add 7 cups caff coffee with 2 cups decaf.
when that is used up
Add 6 cups caff coffee with 3 cups decaf
and so on ....
You will be surprised how easy it is. Now I have all decaf in the am. about 2 cups sometimes 3 because I still love the taste. But I don't even think about coffee for the rest of the day. And I don't miss any kind of pick me up in the morning either. I feel great. I never realized what a serious addiction caffiene was til I tried to stop.
Hope this helps...

Re: Acupuncture and diet modification has helped me, too!

Lee M on 9/02/99 at 00:00 (010512)

Raleigh, If your really want to get rid of your caffiene addiction try my method, it worked great. Originally I tried to just cut down the amount of cups I had per day, it did'nt work because I craved coffee all day.
So then I read in a magazine how to do it and not feel bad and get rid of cravings.
In a separate container (canister or empty coff can)
Add 8 cups of caff coffee. with 1cup decaf.
when that is used up
Add 7 cups caff coffee with 2 cups decaf.
when that is used up
Add 6 cups caff coffee with 3 cups decaf
and so on ....
You will be surprised how easy it is. Now I have all decaf in the am. about 2 cups sometimes 3 because I still love the taste. But I don't even think about coffee for the rest of the day. And I don't miss any kind of pick me up in the morning either. I feel great. I never realized what a serious addiction caffiene was til I tried to stop.
Hope this helps...