Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Finding a cure

Posted by Lee M. on 9/03/99 at 00:00 (010544)

Before I had this nagging PF, I had horrible headaches for
1 1/2 years. Thats a long time to wake up with a headache everyday and at 4:30 am no less. I started with my family Dr., he gave me Xanax and told me to take over the counter pain killer with it. I took anacin. After about 6 months I was taking 4 xanax a day and 6-8 anacin. The pills would take the headache away, but I walked around like the living dead. Kind of like a gentle coma. I cried all the time. I saw family dr., neurologist, acupunturist, physical therapist, 5 chiropractors. No help from any of them. So by now I'm ready to blow my head off because I know I can't live like this any more. Either I'm in pain or doped. Just like pain in your foot, your can't function and it brings your life to a hault. Then a client told me about her chiro. I thought I might as well try #6. He told me I had muscle tension headaches and rebound headaches from the drugs and I would have to get off of them. He started massage, ultrasound, ice and adjustment to my neck and no drugs. Within 2 months my headaches were gone and I felt like a new person.
My point to all fo this is you have to keep plugging til you find your own cure. If I hadn't I probably would be seriously addicted to Xanax by now. I almost never get headaches now and I know I can find a cure for my PF too. It may take a while but I know theres a cure. Don't waste time on Dr.s that don't provide some kind of relief for your pain. They're just wasting your time and money.

Re: Finding a cure

Andrea on 9/03/99 at 00:00 (010557)

What about a chiro for your feet? Has anyone tried this? I've been contemplating this (although it would be #7 for me). In addition to my feet, I have bouts of lower back pain. The back pain started a couple of years before the PF and it is always in the same place. It is not a diffuse lower back pain it is very specific. Someone recommended that maybe I am 'out of alignment' and all of this is maybe related. Right now I am very tired of seeing Drs. that have no answers. This all leads back to whether or not I have PF at all? None of them can seem to agree on what I have. All I know is that me feet have hurt for almost a year now!

Lee M on 9/03/99 at 00:00 (010591)

My chiro tried, nothing worked. He told me before treatment that he didn't have any experience with pf. At least he was honest.

Trish on 9/04/99 at 00:00 (010602)

I have low back pain in addition to pf. I've been seeing a chiro. and he's helped the back a lot, but the pain relief so far is only temporary. I haven't lost faith in it yet though, the back pain is recent (started in July), vs. the pf which I've had for 7 yrs. He worked on my feet for a few sessions a couple of months ago, but the relief was short lived. Besides cracking my feet, he used interferential, ultra sound, and laser, many of the same things pt's use.

Andrea on 9/03/99 at 00:00 (010557)

What about a chiro for your feet? Has anyone tried this? I've been contemplating this (although it would be #7 for me). In addition to my feet, I have bouts of lower back pain. The back pain started a couple of years before the PF and it is always in the same place. It is not a diffuse lower back pain it is very specific. Someone recommended that maybe I am 'out of alignment' and all of this is maybe related. Right now I am very tired of seeing Drs. that have no answers. This all leads back to whether or not I have PF at all? None of them can seem to agree on what I have. All I know is that me feet have hurt for almost a year now!

Lee M on 9/03/99 at 00:00 (010591)

My chiro tried, nothing worked. He told me before treatment that he didn't have any experience with pf. At least he was honest.

Trish on 9/04/99 at 00:00 (010602)

I have low back pain in addition to pf. I've been seeing a chiro. and he's helped the back a lot, but the pain relief so far is only temporary. I haven't lost faith in it yet though, the back pain is recent (started in July), vs. the pf which I've had for 7 yrs. He worked on my feet for a few sessions a couple of months ago, but the relief was short lived. Besides cracking my feet, he used interferential, ultra sound, and laser, many of the same things pt's use.