Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Plantar fasciitis surgery complications

Posted by Trisha on 9/04/99 at 00:00 (010628)

Since having surgery for plantar fasciitis about three years ago, my pain has gotten worse; with what I believe is my arch collapsing. Recently I have been experiencing extreme pain on the outside bottom of the surgical foot, with swelling. My surgical podiatrist can not make a diagnosis. Has any one experience similar problems. I am dire need for a solution. Any information or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you

Re: Plantar fasciitis surgery complications

Linda on 9/08/99 at 00:00 (010788)

Hi, I am glad I found your post. My surgery was 6 months ago and I am having extreme pain. I wish I would have never had the surgery. My outside ankle (right foot) feels like it is broken and I can hardly walk on my heel. My Dr. told me 2 months after surgery that my ankle pain was caused from having my foot in a cast for 2 weeks after surgery. Bone scan showed severe bone athropy.(spelling?) My doctor has go to him every 2 weeks and keeps telling me I am the only one he has done this on that the pain has lasted so long. Makes you feel real good huh. So I am all over the net trying to find info to try to do something for myself, I have tried everything I have read so far. I did have one podiatrist tell me that the dr. that did the surgery may have cut all three tendons. If that was done I'm in real trouble. Does your dr. think you will get better? I hope so. Linda

Re: Plantar fasciitis surgery complications

Linda on 9/08/99 at 00:00 (010788)

Hi, I am glad I found your post. My surgery was 6 months ago and I am having extreme pain. I wish I would have never had the surgery. My outside ankle (right foot) feels like it is broken and I can hardly walk on my heel. My Dr. told me 2 months after surgery that my ankle pain was caused from having my foot in a cast for 2 weeks after surgery. Bone scan showed severe bone athropy.(spelling?) My doctor has go to him every 2 weeks and keeps telling me I am the only one he has done this on that the pain has lasted so long. Makes you feel real good huh. So I am all over the net trying to find info to try to do something for myself, I have tried everything I have read so far. I did have one podiatrist tell me that the dr. that did the surgery may have cut all three tendons. If that was done I'm in real trouble. Does your dr. think you will get better? I hope so. Linda