Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Vioxx update

Posted by Martha B. on 9/05/99 at 00:00 (010667)

Decided to skip a pill yesterday as we had planned a 'do nothing' day. Well,our a/c line plugged up and flooded the dining room.By the time we completed the task I was VERY sorry that I neglected to take the med. Vioxx has truly helped my pain-3 other anti inflams didn't.I detest pills but I took my vioxx by 8:00 a.m. Again,let me emphasize that what works for one person won't for others.I am thankful that I didn't give up after 3 other meds. didn't work.
P.S. I go for Ossatron Sept.17.At the moment(with Vioxx)I can tolerate the PF pain.This is the first time in 18 months that I have had a 'let up'.I'm afraid to reschedule the Ossatron though.
Best wishes to each and everyone of my fellow sufferers!!!!

Re: Vioxx update

Larry in Raleigh on 9/05/99 at 00:00 (010669)

Martha:
I just noticed you message about Vioxx. I just starting taking it last week and its probably no early to tell if it helps. I've had PF or Tarsal tunnel Syndrone for 2 years (I still really don't know which, different doctor, different opinion). I taken several other anit-inflammatories but no luck. How long have you been taking it? Has it bothered your stomach? What else have you hear good or bad about it? Thanks

Martha B. on 9/05/99 at 00:00 (010672)

Larry,been taking vioxx for 3 weeks and noticed a difference from day 1.I TRY to eat something with it but even when I don't there hasn't been a problem.The insert says it can be taken on an empty stomach.Side effects seem to be few-it's a NSAID.As mentioned before it cost $2.50 a pill.$$$ but cheap compared to all we have spent on doctors,shoes,massage,chiros,accupuncture,etc.
P.S. alcohol sparingly and no aspirin when u take Vioxx
TALK TO YOUR PHARM.

Jenn on 9/05/99 at 00:00 (010681)

hang in there Martha, you can do this!

kelus on 9/05/99 at 00:00 (010686)

Whenever I have a bad day, I take a Vioxx, and I feel better within a few hours!! I don't have to take it every day!

Wonder how I would feel if I had enough sense to take it every day??

Haha??

Anyway, stupid me.....when I get to feeling better, I temporarily forget and I don't even think about medicine UNTIL I start to hurt again.

BTW, this medicine helps with all of my joint pains, fingers, knees and hip..

bye, Kelus

Yvonne C on 9/07/99 at 00:00 (010727)

Is Vioxx prescription only or can you get it otc?

Re: Vioxx update-Wall Street Journal TODAY

Martha B. on 9/07/99 at 00:00 (010742)

Vioxx is a Rx. Wall Street Journal has an article on the FRONT page about Vioxx and possible prevention of colon cancer.I have not read it but was told about it by a friend.See what you think.

Larry in Raleigh on 9/05/99 at 00:00 (010669)

Martha:
I just noticed you message about Vioxx. I just starting taking it last week and its probably no early to tell if it helps. I've had PF or Tarsal tunnel Syndrone for 2 years (I still really don't know which, different doctor, different opinion). I taken several other anit-inflammatories but no luck. How long have you been taking it? Has it bothered your stomach? What else have you hear good or bad about it? Thanks

Martha B. on 9/05/99 at 00:00 (010672)

Larry,been taking vioxx for 3 weeks and noticed a difference from day 1.I TRY to eat something with it but even when I don't there hasn't been a problem.The insert says it can be taken on an empty stomach.Side effects seem to be few-it's a NSAID.As mentioned before it cost $2.50 a pill.$$$ but cheap compared to all we have spent on doctors,shoes,massage,chiros,accupuncture,etc.
P.S. alcohol sparingly and no aspirin when u take Vioxx
TALK TO YOUR PHARM.

Jenn on 9/05/99 at 00:00 (010681)

hang in there Martha, you can do this!

kelus on 9/05/99 at 00:00 (010686)

Whenever I have a bad day, I take a Vioxx, and I feel better within a few hours!! I don't have to take it every day!

Wonder how I would feel if I had enough sense to take it every day??

Haha??

Anyway, stupid me.....when I get to feeling better, I temporarily forget and I don't even think about medicine UNTIL I start to hurt again.

BTW, this medicine helps with all of my joint pains, fingers, knees and hip..

bye, Kelus

Yvonne C on 9/07/99 at 00:00 (010727)

Is Vioxx prescription only or can you get it otc?

Re: Vioxx update-Wall Street Journal TODAY

Martha B. on 9/07/99 at 00:00 (010742)

Vioxx is a Rx. Wall Street Journal has an article on the FRONT page about Vioxx and possible prevention of colon cancer.I have not read it but was told about it by a friend.See what you think.