Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I am in total agreement...

Posted by VioletD on 9/07/99 at 00:00 (010728)

with your assessment. I have noticed a correlation between my sciatic and heel pain, but I don't think one caused the other. I think my heel just hurts more when my sciatic is bothering me, that the pain radiates right down to the heel.

You've also described what I think my problem is, tight calves, hamstrings, and poor posture. My heel has improved ever since I've been working on stretching, stretching, stretching. I just have to try to remember to tuck my butt under (LOL) and straighten my posture.

Re: I am in total agreement...

pete on 9/07/99 at 00:00 (010749)

as for tucking your butt in...you shouldn't have to...there are specific stretches designed to loosen up the tendons/muscles that are pulling your pelvis out of alignment...they work the front and back of the hip area...buy a book or ask a good physical therapist (or two...since they all have a different view of what works good).

Re: I am in total agreement...

pete on 9/07/99 at 00:00 (010749)

as for tucking your butt in...you shouldn't have to...there are specific stretches designed to loosen up the tendons/muscles that are pulling your pelvis out of alignment...they work the front and back of the hip area...buy a book or ask a good physical therapist (or two...since they all have a different view of what works good).