Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Request for enhancement to Scott

Posted by john a on 9/07/99 at 00:00 (010734)

To save time, I always use the 'View messages since your last visit' link, and think it would be handy if each of the returned messages had a link that let you post a reply without having to go searching for it on the main message board page. I suppose just a link back to the corresponding 'messages/XXXX.html' would be enough. This should be fairly easy to do. And while you're at it [ ;-) ], it would be nice if each of the XXXX.html messages had a 'View Thread' link, so you could see the entire thread (the 'Message Board Index' link is not enough, since it puts you at the top of the index, and not at the message that started the thread.) Maybe also a 'Next in Thread' and 'Previous in Thread', though I'm not sure on the exact definition of 'Next' and 'Previous' when you're dealing with the branching, multi-level tree structure that a thread is.

And if it hasn't been said enough, you're doing a great thing here. Please keep up the great work! If you were a superhero, I could sing your praises thusly (to the tune of the 'Superman' theme song):

Look, in that chair, with his shoes and socks off, taping his feet, is
it a bird? is it a plane? No, it's 'PF Man'! Able to leap small curbs with a single painful step! Able to walk a hundred feet without having to sit down! Able to take numerous nutritional supplements and pain killers with scarcely an upset stomach! Able to go without much carbohydrates for weeks on end! Able to... -- Well, you get the idea :-)

Re: Request for enhancement to Scott

Scott on 9/08/99 at 00:00 (010763)

Thanks for the ideas. I'll be able to easily add a link to the messages from the view messages since last visit.

There were several responses about the new colors. About half were 'like' or 'love' and the other half were 'HATE'. I'll change them back when I get back to Montgomery or if I can spend the night at someone's house here in Huntsville who has software on their home computer that this library connection doesn't. [update: I just found a way to do it from this library connection. ]

Speaking of money, I'm making WAY more than enough to cover the $29 a month hosting fee and $35/per year DNS fee. heelspurs.com costs a total of $32 a month, plus my time. (I no longer have to have an extra phone line and I'm not counting my mindspring internet account). olm.net is a great host provider. I don't even know what city the pages are bing stored in. I just upload them from my computer to their computer.

Ibuprofen cream sales have dropped dramatically. Has anyone had trouble purchasing?

For those curious, I'm an 32 year-old environmental scientist (air pollution) who graudated in electrical engineering from Auburn U. The job is not technical nor challenging, and since my PF I haven't had enough curouge to find an engineering job that may be more competitive, more walking, and less stable. The PF has contributed to me still being single and working at half my expected income (considering the degree, natural abilities, and my friends' salaries - it's been 8 years since college). My feet just survived me moving and if they continue to improve I may find an engineering job. This could mean I no longer work on heelspurs.com. heelspurs.com is probably the most important work I'll ever accomplish, and yet get paid the least. It's very strange how the more you get paid for something, the less it benefits other people. For example, the more profitable I make heelspurs.com, the less valuable it becomes: placing products sales ahead of information and banner ads being annoying.

Trish on 9/08/99 at 00:00 (010767)

You're doing a GREAT job and I admire you for it!! Good luck in achieving all your other goals.

Lynn on 9/08/99 at 00:00 (010772)

Thanks for this website Scott! I am new here and have learned so much! I know I can fight this pain with the help of all of these wonderful people here. You are doing a wonderful service to us all.
Good luck in all of your goals and dreams!
Lynn

Re: Request for enhancement to ScottRe Ibuprofen cream

Nancy T. on 9/08/99 at 00:00 (010775)

Scott: FYI- Called Life extension today, and two week backorder has been filled. Should help sales to those who desire ibuprofen cream.

john a on 9/09/99 at 00:00 (010801)

Thanks, Scott. It would be a shame (for the rest of us) if you ever gave up this site. Perhaps you will be able to make enough money from it (and your forthcoming book on PF?) to consider keeping the site as a rewarding hobby. And again, if you made a plea for donations, I, and many others I'm sure, would be only too happy to oblige. After all, $20 is a mere drop in the proverbial bucket, when you've bought $1000 of shoes and inserts in the past 6 months!

Martha B. on 9/09/99 at 00:00 (010809)

Scott-I ditto what John says-will be thrilled to send a donation to OUR cause.Your site has been a true God sent blessing.Thank you so much.I am scheduled for the Ossatron Sept.17 and starting to get a little apprehensive.I will keep you all(spoken like a true Texan)informed.

Martha

Scott on 9/08/99 at 00:00 (010763)

Thanks for the ideas. I'll be able to easily add a link to the messages from the view messages since last visit.

There were several responses about the new colors. About half were 'like' or 'love' and the other half were 'HATE'. I'll change them back when I get back to Montgomery or if I can spend the night at someone's house here in Huntsville who has software on their home computer that this library connection doesn't. [update: I just found a way to do it from this library connection. ]

Speaking of money, I'm making WAY more than enough to cover the $29 a month hosting fee and $35/per year DNS fee. heelspurs.com costs a total of $32 a month, plus my time. (I no longer have to have an extra phone line and I'm not counting my mindspring internet account). olm.net is a great host provider. I don't even know what city the pages are bing stored in. I just upload them from my computer to their computer.

Ibuprofen cream sales have dropped dramatically. Has anyone had trouble purchasing?

For those curious, I'm an 32 year-old environmental scientist (air pollution) who graudated in electrical engineering from Auburn U. The job is not technical nor challenging, and since my PF I haven't had enough curouge to find an engineering job that may be more competitive, more walking, and less stable. The PF has contributed to me still being single and working at half my expected income (considering the degree, natural abilities, and my friends' salaries - it's been 8 years since college). My feet just survived me moving and if they continue to improve I may find an engineering job. This could mean I no longer work on heelspurs.com. heelspurs.com is probably the most important work I'll ever accomplish, and yet get paid the least. It's very strange how the more you get paid for something, the less it benefits other people. For example, the more profitable I make heelspurs.com, the less valuable it becomes: placing products sales ahead of information and banner ads being annoying.

Trish on 9/08/99 at 00:00 (010767)

You're doing a GREAT job and I admire you for it!! Good luck in achieving all your other goals.

Lynn on 9/08/99 at 00:00 (010772)

Thanks for this website Scott! I am new here and have learned so much! I know I can fight this pain with the help of all of these wonderful people here. You are doing a wonderful service to us all.
Good luck in all of your goals and dreams!
Lynn

Re: Request for enhancement to ScottRe Ibuprofen cream

Nancy T. on 9/08/99 at 00:00 (010775)

Scott: FYI- Called Life extension today, and two week backorder has been filled. Should help sales to those who desire ibuprofen cream.

john a on 9/09/99 at 00:00 (010801)

Thanks, Scott. It would be a shame (for the rest of us) if you ever gave up this site. Perhaps you will be able to make enough money from it (and your forthcoming book on PF?) to consider keeping the site as a rewarding hobby. And again, if you made a plea for donations, I, and many others I'm sure, would be only too happy to oblige. After all, $20 is a mere drop in the proverbial bucket, when you've bought $1000 of shoes and inserts in the past 6 months!

Martha B. on 9/09/99 at 00:00 (010809)

Scott-I ditto what John says-will be thrilled to send a donation to OUR cause.Your site has been a true God sent blessing.Thank you so much.I am scheduled for the Ossatron Sept.17 and starting to get a little apprehensive.I will keep you all(spoken like a true Texan)informed.

Martha