Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pain and accupuncture

Posted by Lori on 9/08/99 at 00:00 (010754)

Linda, Have you tried accupuncture? It's been almost 4 months since my PF/bone spur surgery. I've had soreness in my ankles, too. (both feet, not just surgeried one). Yesterday was my 3rd treatment of accupuncture and the soreness is almost gone! I'd recommend it!
Lori in AZ

Re: Pain and accupuncture

Ann on 9/08/99 at 00:00 (010759)

Lori, did you just go the acupuncturist and tell them what was bothering you? Were they familiar with PF. I have had two acupuncturists recommened to me in the last two days. I might give it a try.

Thanks

Lori on 9/09/99 at 00:00 (010797)

Ann, I just told her about my PF. She was VERY familiar with it and has been treating several patients with it. While I was there, I had her 'do' my lower back, too. It works! All I have now is some slight discomfort in my upper ankle area, not on my foot.
Lori in AZ

iris on 9/11/99 at 00:00 (010841)

i have been going to an acupuncturist for two months now, three times a week. to date, i can only report that the swelling present in my ankle area has lessened. i can't say the pain reduction is due to acupuncture or all the other things that i am doing.

Judy on 9/11/99 at 00:00 (010859)

I have been getting acupuncture treatments 2X a week for 4 weeks and there is an improvement. You have to be patient though. It can take as long as 3 months of treatment to feel relief. My acupuncturist himself suffered from PF and was able to get freedom from pain with self-treatment with acupuncture. That's good enough for me!

Ann on 9/08/99 at 00:00 (010759)

Lori, did you just go the acupuncturist and tell them what was bothering you? Were they familiar with PF. I have had two acupuncturists recommened to me in the last two days. I might give it a try.

Thanks

Lori on 9/09/99 at 00:00 (010797)

Ann, I just told her about my PF. She was VERY familiar with it and has been treating several patients with it. While I was there, I had her 'do' my lower back, too. It works! All I have now is some slight discomfort in my upper ankle area, not on my foot.
Lori in AZ

iris on 9/11/99 at 00:00 (010841)

i have been going to an acupuncturist for two months now, three times a week. to date, i can only report that the swelling present in my ankle area has lessened. i can't say the pain reduction is due to acupuncture or all the other things that i am doing.

Judy on 9/11/99 at 00:00 (010859)

I have been getting acupuncture treatments 2X a week for 4 weeks and there is an improvement. You have to be patient though. It can take as long as 3 months of treatment to feel relief. My acupuncturist himself suffered from PF and was able to get freedom from pain with self-treatment with acupuncture. That's good enough for me!