Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: Weight bearing after surgery?

Posted by Jane B. on 9/09/99 at 00:00 (010810)

The picture I think is a good idea for the site. You mentioned you are going to weight bear on Monday. When I had surgery my Doc made me weight bear right after surgery..before I left the recovery room. I question this now. Do you have any info on why your Doc had you wait to weight bear? I only had PF surgery but I have heard other say they had wait with only having PF surgery.

John on 9/11/99 at 00:00 (010853)

i suspect i did not go weight bearing because i had tarsal tunnel and surgery on my big toe (the toe really hurt). friday i started walking around the house and out into the yard. some pain around the area where the fascia was released but it is much to early to know if this is going to work. the swelling is down enough so that i can put on my reboks.

Margot on 9/14/99 at 00:00 (010935)

After last year's surgery dr told me to wait about a week to bear weight........this year's surgery, I was told by therapy dept.who gave me crutches, weight bearing immediately after surgery!!!!!!GO FIGURE!!!

John on 9/11/99 at 00:00 (010853)

i suspect i did not go weight bearing because i had tarsal tunnel and surgery on my big toe (the toe really hurt). friday i started walking around the house and out into the yard. some pain around the area where the fascia was released but it is much to early to know if this is going to work. the swelling is down enough so that i can put on my reboks.

Margot on 9/14/99 at 00:00 (010935)

After last year's surgery dr told me to wait about a week to bear weight........this year's surgery, I was told by therapy dept.who gave me crutches, weight bearing immediately after surgery!!!!!!GO FIGURE!!!