Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

john PF and Tarsal Tunnel surgery picture

Posted by scott on 9/09/99 at 00:00 (010813)

I think John was sort of wanting to show everyone his wound ('incision' is the term doctors use - sort of like how we have a thousand names for the different parts of the cow that we eat, but we never want call it 'cow' at the dinner table. Or pig at breakfast. We never want to admit openly that we eat pig for breakfast and cow for dinner. Birds and fish get less affection because they are not mammals and so much like us, so chicken and flounder is OK. A vegetarian friend showed me this.)

ANYWAY, here's the pic:

Re: john PF and Tarsal Tunnel surgery picture

Laura G. on 9/10/99 at 00:00 (010831)

Wow.....

Thanks for posting it, Scott. Even if it is kind of gross, I'm glad I saw it.

John on 9/11/99 at 00:00 (010852)

all should know this incision is for BOTH tarsal tunnel and PF release. If it was for just a PF it would be significantly smaller. the incision is not painful nor was removing the stitches. when people ask me at the beach what happened i can say ' i was attacked by a Great White Shark' while spear hunting for baracuda.

Laura G. on 9/10/99 at 00:00 (010831)

Wow.....

Thanks for posting it, Scott. Even if it is kind of gross, I'm glad I saw it.

John on 9/11/99 at 00:00 (010852)

all should know this incision is for BOTH tarsal tunnel and PF release. If it was for just a PF it would be significantly smaller. the incision is not painful nor was removing the stitches. when people ask me at the beach what happened i can say ' i was attacked by a Great White Shark' while spear hunting for baracuda.