Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

question.. has anyone felt this...

Posted by jennh on 9/10/99 at 00:00 (010827)

This is really strange. If I press down on my heel, it hurts really bad. But if I take my toes and pull my foot upward towards my knee, like I'm stretching the fascia, and then I press on the heel again I don't feel any pain at all. This is so weird. Does this happen to anyone else???

Re: question.. has anyone felt this...

Louise G on 9/10/99 at 00:00 (010828)

Yes -- I too have experienced this. When my heel really hurts, I stretch the toes toward my knee and massage the facia area. This alleviates the pain, temporarily. I think it's just letting up on the pressure that the shortened facia causes, which triggers the heel pain. It's too bad the relief doesn't last for long, though.

Barb L on 9/13/99 at 00:00 (010932)

Yep - This is why I swear by the FootFlex - If I hurt I do 60 seconds (3-10 second bent knee and 3-10 second straight leg) and miracle type stuff - I can walk immediately!! - the stretches hurt if I'm really tight but the results are wonderful and last for a couple of hours at minimum - sometimes one stretch lasts most of the day.

Louise G on 9/10/99 at 00:00 (010828)

Yes -- I too have experienced this. When my heel really hurts, I stretch the toes toward my knee and massage the facia area. This alleviates the pain, temporarily. I think it's just letting up on the pressure that the shortened facia causes, which triggers the heel pain. It's too bad the relief doesn't last for long, though.

Barb L on 9/13/99 at 00:00 (010932)

Yep - This is why I swear by the FootFlex - If I hurt I do 60 seconds (3-10 second bent knee and 3-10 second straight leg) and miracle type stuff - I can walk immediately!! - the stretches hurt if I'm really tight but the results are wonderful and last for a couple of hours at minimum - sometimes one stretch lasts most of the day.