Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Lo-Carb Success?

Posted by Ivy L on 9/11/99 at 00:00 (010848)

Desperation makes people do strange things... I have read so much about the Atkins Diet, I finally broke down, went out, bought the book, and figured, 'What the heck? If nothing else, I can lose a pound or two, it won't hurt me to give up some sugar and starch...'

I started this diet on Tuesday, and can not believe the improvement in my feet! I feel a good 70-75% reduction in pain in both feet (not to mention that I feel lots more energy), and actually felt too good yesterday: I was clearing some 'stuff' out of the basement and kicked off my Mephistos without donning my cork slippers -- whoops! Limped to the loo this morning, but I'm back on track now!

The only problem I'm having now is a slight headache. I wonder if this is from the diet, or is it that the ragweed is in full bloom?
Has anyone else had a headache while following a lo-carb regimen?

Re: Lo-Carb Success?

Lee M. on 9/11/99 at 00:00 (010855)

I've experience that when I first start also., Have some cottage cheese or maybe 1/2 slice toast. It seemed to help me. Anything with a few more carbs. I always feel great with 0 carbs, but it's really difficult in the real world so I try to stay under 50 a day.

Re: Lo-Carb Success?

Lee M. on 9/11/99 at 00:00 (010855)

I've experience that when I first start also., Have some cottage cheese or maybe 1/2 slice toast. It seemed to help me. Anything with a few more carbs. I always feel great with 0 carbs, but it's really difficult in the real world so I try to stay under 50 a day.