Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Has low-carb diet NOT worked for you?

Posted by Scott R on 9/11/99 at 00:00 (010850)

I'm seeing some impressive posts about the low-carb diet working. But I need to know if there are those out there for whom it hasn't worked.

Re: Has low-carb diet NOT worked for you?

Robin on 9/11/99 at 00:00 (010867)

It hasn't particularly worked for me. I feel better when I eliminate flour and even grain products from my diet -- but if I drastically cut back on most or all carbs, I haven't noticed the kind of difference that many people on this board rave about.

Overall, I would say elimination of flour and grains has made about a 20-30% difference in reduction of pain. But it's hard to tell now -- I am taking fairly serious doses of bromelain, which is helping much more.

DianeF on 9/12/99 at 00:00 (010878)

Well started to cut back on the carbs and it made my feet worse, had not been that bad since I got it, adding the carbs back and my feet started to get better. Guess I need the carbs, that is the way I get my energy since a bad illness years ago. So will stick with my higher carbs diet, but have been adding teas and vegs and going the herb route. Like everything on this board, some things work for some and not for others.

Robin on 9/11/99 at 00:00 (010867)

It hasn't particularly worked for me. I feel better when I eliminate flour and even grain products from my diet -- but if I drastically cut back on most or all carbs, I haven't noticed the kind of difference that many people on this board rave about.

Overall, I would say elimination of flour and grains has made about a 20-30% difference in reduction of pain. But it's hard to tell now -- I am taking fairly serious doses of bromelain, which is helping much more.

DianeF on 9/12/99 at 00:00 (010878)

Well started to cut back on the carbs and it made my feet worse, had not been that bad since I got it, adding the carbs back and my feet started to get better. Guess I need the carbs, that is the way I get my energy since a bad illness years ago. So will stick with my higher carbs diet, but have been adding teas and vegs and going the herb route. Like everything on this board, some things work for some and not for others.